Hayton Coulthard 60's video

Having worked with SPD Ltd in the 60’s (i have added a message in the SPD thread) i am a friend of Duncan Coulthard snr and converted some of his old video footage.
Im now retired but writing and playing guitar with a pal - here is the footage and song dedicated to Ivor a retired driver.
youtube.com/watch?v=mI61Bw08kWI&t=89s

Very good I enjoyed that footage, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Very good I enjoyed that footage, cheers Buzzer.

cheers Buzzer, just a bit of fun with the playing but the footage is rare indeed

Yet another superb :sunglasses: , quintessentially British, piece of lorry footage totally ruined by inappropriate yankee rubbish soundtrack :unamused: . Happens all the time, like a disease :cry: ! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
Yet another superb :sunglasses: , quintessentially British, piece of lorry footage totally ruined by inappropriate yankee rubbish soundtrack :unamused: . Happens all the time, like a disease :cry: ! Robert

^^^^^^^^^
+1
great video.pishy irritating soundtrack.i just turned off the sound and watched it.
deffo the good old days of the haven caff,land whale truckies shovelling in sarnies,no h&s and a mark 1 cortina giving it large…classic. :smiley:

I can remmeber Hayton & Coulthards wagons loading Carnation Milk at the Dumfries Factory in the 50/60s era, It was all hand ball in those days, A nice clean place to load, The warehouse gaffer was a fellow called Jimmy Kay , Not a very pheasant plucker at all I add, He was a bloke IMO, Who could look in the mirror & fall out with himself, But having said this I liked loading there plus I met some real nice drivers who worked for Robsons frea Carlisle, Intercity Transport, Browns of Lochmaben, , Plus many more, The good old days in my book, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Thanks DP for sharing, I thought the sound track was good, at one point I think it briefly showed some footage on passing Tom Carruthers of Carrutherstown on the A75.

Another few comes to mind that loaded at the Carnation place, Nivens of Palnackie, The Caledonion who had a yard in Dumfries, Mandales of Wigton, Or Aspatria perhaps, Another firm from there who ran Mercs used to haul Carnation Milk :question: :question: :question: , Browns of Lochmaben Had a Foden artic which sadley was written off & replaced with a Scammell Michilotti Cab Handyman unit, These were both in The Carnation Livery, I also think Robsons had a Foden in that livery also. Please excuse my not remmbering things like I used to, Im just getting old I suppose , But I comes to us all in the end,I quite often see Haytons motors, Very classic livery IMO, Regards Larry.