Hayfever

Anyone got any good suggestions to combat the symptoms. I know you cant drive on certain types, but dont know which ones. Not sure if I’d rather be drowsy on the motorway or have a 4 minute sneezing fit with gooey eyes.

My son gets it bad tried prescription and over the counter meds nothing worked so he tried the kenalog injection and he was fine next day had it last June and it kept him clear all year,he’s just had another last week for this year only thing you can’t get them on NHS you have to pay private the clinic where he goes charges £110

Beconase Aqueous Nasal Spray for your snout obviously, and Otrivine-Antisin eye drops…both have kept me sane for over 30+ years, both have come recommended from contacts and they are bees knees…

Oxford Online pharmacy is where you can get them from, as the demand at this time of the year is massive, and these guys always seem to have stock, unlike the chemists…

This works for me and has done for many a year

haymax.biz

You have to try, all of the different drugs to see what works for you,
I get cetrizine hydrochloride on prescription, took a couple of weeks to find what worked, but that work for me, personally start with pireton, for a couple days,then if you don’t think it’s good try the next, till you find one, see what the active ingredient is,and buy own brands as they are cheaper, do the same as the expensive branded stuff

I used to think hayfever was drama code for a sniff and a sneeze, having never suffered with it myself.

However my lad gets it to the extreme and has to have several different prescribed medicines for differing scenarios. Over time we’ve worked out that fresh cut grass/pollen is the biggest trigger and we can manage it better but before that it was horrendous - one time he was rushed to hospital because his eyes swelled and glooped up that much and when it gets like thqtvit can cause lasting damage apparently.

Now I no longer think it’s drama code for sniff and sneeze and feel for those who suffer with it.

I don’t suffer…

From this affliction but I have a friend of who does.

Exactly what medication he uses I can find out later on. He does say that using the A/C on full recirculation with the windows closed makes life easier for him.

When needed, I used Loratadine based relief.
Cheap own branded stuff works as well as branded, so my last stock up came from Wilko, for about half the price of Tesco (who had sold out)

i learnt its best to go to the quack who gives an injection which lasts a whole season

corij:
i learnt its best to go to the quack who gives an injection which lasts a whole season

Lol, I did this and got Bells Palsy for around 6 week! Bells Palsy is basically a paralysis of part of the face - in my case the whole left side, meaning I could not blink in one eye, my lips only worked on one side, so I constantly dribbled and to top it off, I had absolutely zero smell or taste sensations. It meant eating was completely bland - it was just texture. I even tried the hottest curry I could find, but I tasted nothing!

When I went back to see the GP, he looked in his journal and said “I’m sure I informed you this was a possible side effect. It should be temporary, but it may be permanent”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was never really bothered by it when driving tippers, now I’m on food it’s a lot worse. I’m wondering if working in dust before helped give me some resistance to it. Getting in my freezer at -30 seems to sort it for a while though.

Spinonit:

corij:

Lol, I did this and got Bells Palsy for around 6 week! Bells Palsy is basically a paralysis of part of the face - in my case the whole left side, meaning I could not blink in one eye, my lips only worked on one side, so I constantly dribbled and to top it off, I had absolutely zero smell or taste sensations. It meant eating was completely bland - it was just texture. I even tried the hottest curry I could find, but I tasted nothing!

When I went back to see the GP, he looked in his journal and said “I’m sure I informed you this was a possible side effect. It should be temporary, but it may be permanent”.

good gawd ! did you carry on working? about a month ago someone i know had bells palsy and it was really getting him down,he didnt want to talk about it i spose thats common. you know when you got bells palsy,did you also still have hayfever? now i cant imagine anything worse the 2 combined

Yeah, I did carry on but it was only an office job so it was easily worked around.

It did prevent the hayfever though, so at least that part was good. Unfortunately, due to my severe reaction to that medication, I’ve not been able to have another seasonal injection and I have to put up with quite bad hayfever.

I was prescribed Desloratidine/Neo-clarityn, which is a different form of the readily available over the counter stuff. Unfortunately it is not available over the counter, as it was very effective for me, with absolutely no drowsiness, which the normal stuff can cause.

Even more unfortunately, is that my gp would not prescribe it for successive seasons due to addiction likelihood. For me, it was the perfect tonic, but I now use Beconaise nasal spray which helps a bit, plus loratidine pills

i came across an American thru my job who actually wore something very similar to a full on gasmask but with an air feed blowing in at the back looked like a secondary spinal cord / Alien . his hayfever had got worse year on year and worse in England apparently . im lucky mine went the other way has got less year on year

Look up Boots Blue Light treatment. I know two people who have used this and are symptom free

I suffered with hay fever for years until someone told me their remedy - local honey. I stress it must be local - your health food outlet should stock it. Just spread some on a piece of toast. I only have to do that at the start of the summer and haven’t suffered for twenty-odd years. Hope this helps.

Try cutting wheat out of your diet