Hay wagon & drag

I followed a Wagon & drag carrying Hay bales up the A15 north of Lincoln yesterday & it was like being in a snow blizzard I had to jet wash the front of the truck when I got to our yard,l.
It got me thinking if the truck was going along distance how much Hay is actually lost ?

not enough to worry about though sometimes its quite easy to be more precise…

youtube.com/watch?v=n2UGgliSUs0

None perhaps? especially if it was carrying straw :wink:

Followed a cattle lorry around the m25. Suddenly brown mist coming out the back

Why is all that straw/hay blowing off the back not classed as an insecure load.If it was a tipper not sheeted with the load blowing off the top or out the back Mr DVSA would have something to say to you.

As said, not enough is lost for them to worry about netting/sheeting unless heading for the boat.

Fair point about the load though, i would say the “load” is secure, but if it was a tipper with sand blowing out the back itd be interesting to see what dvsa would have to say.

Fair play to em though, they must all have top scores on tetris.

Hansos:
Why is all that straw/hay blowing off the back not classed as an insecure load.If it was a tipper not sheeted with the load blowing off the top or out the back Mr DVSA would have something to say to you.

Want to sheet a load of straw? Good luck with that!

Sidevalve:

Hansos:

Has to be done if it’s going on a boat, deep joy standing on the top of it trying to sheet it in the wind :cry:

Mazzer2:

Sidevalve:

Hansos:

Has to be done if it’s going on a boat, deep joy standing on the top of it trying to sheet it in the wind :cry:

Yep, aware of that.

Correct me if I’m wrong though, but isn’t it good practice to avoid sheeting hay in particular for any length of time, due to the risk of it encouraging bacteria, mould etc?