Hay Fever....Who has it?

Am I the only one?

My wife suffered from it for the first 18 years of us knowing each other,and I never got it until about 4 years ago,and by a funny coincidence,she stopped getting it.

Now the role is reversed,and I can understand what she went through.

What do you use to combat it?

Ken.

i gots hay fever, it get really bad for about 2 or 3 weeks a year then its over, but when i have it its bad.

i use tesco’s own once a day hay fever tablets, i have one in the morning, followed by one at midday and one at night.

i have it. i get tablets and nasal spray from gp

Has anyone had the injection Kenalog?

Ken.

yes, get it bad, was on the grain with a tipper last year, could hardly breathe, eyes and nose streaming all the time. Nightmare to drive when feeling like that.

I take Zirtek every day now whether high pollen count or not, works a charm…

I seem to have been hit again this year, snot everywhere. Not much I can do about it other than carry industrial quantities of bogroll and hope for the best… :blush: :blush: :blush:

As a side note, Rik claims he doesn’t get hay fever, but he always gets a “cold” at this time of year… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, i also get it, though not as bad as the missus. We use either Zirtek or Loratadine with no probs.

Boots are doing a bogof on a lot of hayfever stuff at the moment.

I used to get hay fever, but I’ve been free of it for many years now.

It started when I was about 11 (1967) and I suffered miserably every summer until I was 25.
Back then, the only effective treatment made you very drowsy, so I missed quite a lot of school because of it. :frowning:

dieseldave:

It started when I was about 11 (1967) and I suffered miserably every summer until I was 25.
Back then, the only effective treatment made you very drowsy, so I missed quite a lot of school because of it. :frowning:

you went to school till you was 25? :laughing:

biggusdickusgb:

dieseldave:

you went to school till you was 25? :laughing:

Hi Ste, No mate I only went to school until I was 15, but the hay fever continued every summer until I was 25.
I missed approx one term per year whilst I was of secondary-school age.

:blush: Sorry for any confusion. :blush:

I used to have it as a kid, we used to live near a farm and somebody suggested lending a hand at hay making time, a sort of kill or cure :confused: to my amazement it was a cure, i thought it was an wives tale but it wasn’t it actually worked :laughing: never had a problem since.

My doctor treated me for it for a year after I complained about being blocked up. A year later he is now treating me for Asthma and lung damage. Tomorrow it will be something new probably :cry:

Lucy:
As a side note, Rik claims he doesn’t get hay fever, but he always gets a “cold” at this time of year… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i dont get hayfever or anything like that :wink: but when pollen is high i feel like im getting blocked up ready for a cold… but it just goes away.

After another couple of months of misery. I heard about this from a chronic sufferer

Allergy Reliever

Cost is £15 (Battery not included) and I’ve noticed a difference already and I’ve only used it for a few days.

It’s also handy for scaring folk who come to the door. :laughing: :laughing:

That thing looks scary! :open_mouth:

My son gets it can be quite bad gets things from Dr also uses local honey it is more expensive but it helps as is made from local pollen

You could always rub whisky on your chest it may not cure your hay fever but you may break your neck trying to lick it off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

rub whisky on your chest

You must be kidding. :open_mouth: I’m not wasting good single malt. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I might have a bottle of Bells, though.