Having a moan and a whinge

Morning one and all. This is mainly for the trampers on here.

Obviously we are out Monday to Friday but what time do you expect to be back on a Friday?

Reason I’m asking is for the last three weeks I’ve been getting back to the yard around 10-11pm and I’m getting pretty fed up with it to be honest. You try and tell the office that you want to be back but for some reason they tend to be right ■■■■■■■■■ on Fridays.

start early Monday morning = back early Friday

start late Monday= back late Friday/Sat morn

in an ideal world anyway :grimacing:

Who would run in at that time on a fri ■■ easy thing to do is stop out run in sat morn .

On hourly pay Ill use all my fifteens mid week and start about three on Friday, that way I have to be back by 1600!

That being said, Stobart Biomass ran me out of hours on back to back Fridays, both weekends I had plans. Both times I was distinctly unimpressed.

This is a growing problem , due i think to having non drivers in office . 10 years ago was always finished by midday on 5th day .

There is a solution : hand your notice in !!

They will either ask you not to leave so you can make your demands ( finish early friday and a pay rise ) ,
Or they let you go . Thousands of jobs out there .

It is the biggest problem with this industry that drivers stay in job whinging . if everyone resigned en mass this week we would all have better pay and conditions come monday .
Because there are enough Soviets to exert a downward pressure on wages , but nowhere near enough to run the industry

If i can’t get back at a reasonable time i stay out.
If i need to get back i tell the office and they get me back.
e.g.told the office on monday i’m going fishing this weekend,so i’m on grantham and boots today :sunglasses:

I’d expect the same on a Friday as the rest of the week. It’s 5 days, not 4 and a half or 5 and a half. If I finish around 6 most nights, that’s sufficient on a Friday. 10pm is no more acceptable in my eyes than 1 pm is in theirs. Generally I’m done between 3 and 7 5 days a week, 11 on a Saturday morning

boredwivdrivin:
This is a growing problem , due i think to having non drivers in office . 10 years ago was always finished by midday on 5th day .

There is a solution : hand your notice in !!

They will either ask you not to leave so you can make your demands ( finish early friday and a pay rise ) ,
Or they let you go . Thousands of jobs out there .

It is the biggest problem with this industry that drivers stay in job whinging . if everyone resigned en mass this week we would all have better pay and conditions come monday .
Because there are enough Soviets to exert a downward pressure on wages , but nowhere near enough to run the industry

They do this weekly at poundworld and the drivers are still treat like rubbish :neutral_face:

Nature of the job unfortunately.
The best weapon in our arsenal is to just say No, now being a people pleaser I rarely do this and usually try and work it so it suits me, usually if im going to be back after 9pm Friday I stop out and run in, this may be on a week I have to have 45 off or even a compensation so this affects next weeks job which I normally tell em about at the very last minute.

Que the old "why didnt you tell us " scenario, my response is that they where informed Monday I needed to finish Friday at a reasonable time and I feel road safety will be jeapordised if I work to late. But usually the best way to guarantee and early finish Friday is to offer to work Saturday :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Nature of the job unfortunately.
The best weapon in our arsenal is to just say No, now being a people pleaser I rarely do this and usually try and work it so it suits me, usually if im going to be back after 9pm Friday I stop out and run in, this may be on a week I have to have 45 off or even a compensation so this affects next weeks job which I normally tell em about at the very last minute.

Que the old "why didnt you tell us " scenario, my response is that they where informed Monday I needed to finish Friday at a reasonable time and I feel road safety will be jeapordised if I work to late. But usually the best way to guarantee and early finish Friday is to offer to work Saturday :wink:

:laughing: - I have much to learn…

Switch every phone off & run back to finish [emoji16]

If it’s gonna be later than 6pm before I’m back at the yard I’ll stay out. Regardless of what time I start.

At the beginning I used to get the old “you can work 15 hours you know”, to which I invariably respond “well you can work 24 but I don’t see you doing it”. The same used to happen when I’m back and they expect me to reduce my break, my response again is “excellent, I’ll take 9 hours off if you do too”. Cue 11 hour break!

the maoster:
If it’s gonna be later than 6pm before I’m back at the yard I’ll stay out. Regardless of what time I start.

At the beginning I used to get the old “you can work 15 hours you know”, to which I invariably respond “well you can work 24 but I don’t see you doing it”. The same used to happen when I’m back and they expect me to reduce my break, my response again is “excellent, I’ll take 9 hours off if you do too”. Cue 11 hour break!

You’ve got a bad, backdoor barricaded attitude young man! :imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:

Yep,i’m about the same.
Put your marker down early,and stick to it

Evil8Beezle:
You’ve got a bad, backdoor barricaded attitude young man! :imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Absolutely mate, as Commonrail said it’s all about setting your stall out from the get go. It’s stood me in good stead over the years as I climbed the greasy pole of corporate promotion. After all I started as merely a driver and now I’ve reached the heady heights of… Well, still merely a driver but I can cope with huge amounts of paperwork too now. :blush: