Have your Say

TODAY Nick Clegg launches the Your Freedom initiative to liberate the nation from Labour’s legacy of legal red tape. Here, he invites our army of readers to decide which bits of the barmy bureaucracy should be given the boot.
TODAY I am asking Sun readers to tell me how we can restore our traditional British freedoms.
Ever felt like law-abiding citizens are being treated like criminals?
That business is being strangled by red tape?
That good ideas are being buried under a mountain of pointless paperwork?
Guess what - we want to hear about it.
For too long new laws have taken away our liberty.
Over the past decade thousands have been added to the statute book. The coalition Government wants to put that right - giving people back their freedom.
We’ve started already. ID cards have been halted. We’re stopping schools from taking children’s fingerprints without their parents’ consent.
And we’re scaling back over-the-top vetting rules that get in the way when people want to volunteer.
But we need to go further - with your help. You can let me know your ideas at thesun.co.uk/freedom
If you are fed up with decent, law-abiding citizens being snooped on by the state, tell us about it.
Show us where to cut red tape that is stopping companies grow.
And give us your ideas on how to slim down pointless paperwork that has become a real burden. Like the Home Information Packs - which we have already scrapped.
Every suggestion will be read, and the best will be put to Parliament. It’s a totally new way of getting things done - one that puts common sense in charge.
Because if there is one thing we have learnt, it is that government doesn’t always know best.
What works is trusting people to get on with their lives.
So give us your views and we will do something about it.
This is your freedom. It’s time to have your say.
Read more: thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe … z0sXOPHabC

This is what Nick Clegg wrote in the newspaper Thursday maybe we can get the cpc cards thrown out as a lot of you guys dont want them from reading through all the posts might be worth a shot :bulb: :wink: Jx

They won’t be able to throw out the Dcpc stuff cos that’s EU regs not UK regs BUT there is nothing to stop them PAYING for the courses and the time taken to do it

ROG:
BUT there is nothing to stop them PAYING for the courses and the time taken to do it

No money left is there after they take their expenses but thats another post :wink: jx

Although in another post, what about stop snopping on then fining drivers who are alone smoking in thier cabs.
I a non smoker, but still thinks it’s total [zb]'s and it will also enable them to cut a few council jobs.

Although we wait to see if anything really come from this or if it’s just a publicity stunt. Personally I think all politicians want to control us and will produce more laws, regulations and survilence to do so.

you can comment on and rate one which calls for the scrapping of the 40mph limit in A roads here

yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/restoring … on-a-roads

Thanx for the link Denis

Comment & vote added.

THE SUN :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: enough said