Have you seen this on your travels

highways.gov.uk/business/20059.aspx

Wow!

Wasn’t there a thread on the Japanese versions of this on here in about January? and we all said “they’d never go for something that clever”

Fair play to them! and a very cool toy!

Alex

Fancastic bit of kit.

How about this then - did they have a test to use that trailer on a bike?

A+E anyone? lol

Saw this parrked up on the side of the A1 a few weeks ago near Gateshead area. as I saw it wondered if it was for the recovery of bikes or cars.

Have often seen this traveling up and down the Western bypass (A1) between Team Valley and The Metrocentre, looks a wierd contraption close up.!

Champion. I now know what it is and how its used.

Yeah, I wasn’t quite sure what it was when I saw it.

Fully enlightened now!!

I can’t wait to see the confused look when the gantry sign flashes a66 closed to high sided vehicles. :laughing:

why arnt all HATO vehicles that colour? :smiley: :smiley:

bubsy06:
why arnt all HATO vehicles that colour? :smiley: :smiley:

it belongs to CF Recovery in Westerhope, they must be sub contractors fot HATO.

So thats what it is, I saw one of these machines only yesterday for the first time and wondered what the hell it was.
Brilliant idea, someone somewhere should be awarded loads of brownie points for this.

Novel idea :exclamation:

I assume this pic is ok to use as it is from a .gov site

PS - A pink hi-viz for the rider might be ‘nice’ - just to blend in…

brilliant idea. i saw it a few weeks ago but i couldn’t figure out what it was. they should be stationed at every motorway services

Whats it like with a 2 ton car on?

And…whats it like when he has to do an emergency stop with said 2 ton car? :open_mouth:

bloody hard i should imagine :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uFe1r8DnQqQ

try this folks cool

SAW it on gateshead metro slip this week quite impressive

good idea, but, it’s a bit…errrrrmmmmmm…PINK :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hope they don’t take it to blackpool. All the puffs will surround it.
It’s full of benders up there.

“i don’t care what you say, i’m not moving till i’ve had my 45”

Koop:
Whats it like with a 2 ton car on?

And…whats it like when he has to do an emergency stop with said 2 ton car? :open_mouth:

should be alright with most cars as there arent many that weight in over 2 ton, unless your adding 4x4’s into that catagory, the ford galey is about 1.8 tons so even though its over the 1600kg that was stated on the info page above in an emergency i am sure it would be more than capable