Have you seen this happpen before...?

so i’m coming up the M1 northbound with cruise on at 55mph because thats what its limited too and as i’m coming alongside a slip road onto the motorway there is a tipper coming down it,now i can see that with my speed and his we will meet unless i slow,he slows or i move to middle lane,so i look in my mirror its clear,there is an artic quite a way back so i indicate and pull into middle lane so tipper can join the motorway,as i’m passing the tipper the artic flys past me in the fast lane like his ■■■■ is on fire… :open_mouth: as he goes past i clock his reg and lo and behold its johnny foreigner… :laughing: by the time i moved back into the slow lane he was about half a mile down the road,pretty sure is limiter isnt working… :laughing:

It as happened to me I think it was a Irish scania

The fastest ive ever seen a truck go was a dutch flower truck on the M8 at harthill, it wasn’t just me he was overtaking it as every car on the road. Obviously i cant say what speed for certain but id guess 70+ anyway. I dont give a monkeys anyway its got nowt to do with me, seen nothing officer :smiley:

What are these slow and fast lanes of which you speak? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
What are these slow and fast lanes of which you speak? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Most older drivers refer to them as slow, middle and fast lanes. :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

Except on the the 4 lane stretches when you also have the ‘Even faster Lane’ aka WVM Lane!

:laughing:

Mr B:
It as happened to me I think it was a Irish scania

Now we know your telling porkies :laughing:

Jonny foreigner uses lane 3 quite a bit in my experience and not necessarily when their limiter is “malfunctioning” :open_mouth:

It has happened to me numerous times when climbing Wrotham Hill on M20, when i can be fully loaded with chips, then you have an English registered truck overtaking me in lane 2, then you get the aforementioned loony overtaking him in lane 3, mostly occurs late at night and yes, it usually is a Dutch flower truck :angry:

Johnny Foreigner may be confused by the fact that on a dual carriageway he can use all three lanes and assumes the same applies on motorways.

axletramp:

Coffeeholic:

I think you’ll find that originally they were referred to as “slow lane” “fast lane” and “overtaking lane” but this is a habit we need to escape from (I’m guilty of this to :blush: ).

I believe that the original naming of the lanes is probably partly responsible for the fact that so many people still believe that they can hog lane 2 on a 3 lane motorway.

Most likely just dont give a flying zb, you mean

Once I was on the way back from London in my car, coming up the M1 doing 80ish and 2 germans artics caught up behind me in the outside lane, pulled over and let them past, pulled out and kept up and they were doing about 87ish on my uncalibrated car speedo so I guess that was a genuine 80.

waddy640:
Johnny Foreigner may be confused by the fact that on a dual carriageway he can use all three lanes and assumes the same applies on motorways.

doesn’t “dual” mean 2 not 3, well it did when i went to school. (only leg pulling matey :wink: ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Had two that I remember well, both polish registered. One on the M4 as I headed into Wales, flew past me on the bridge then got held up at the tolls. Went past me again near Newport closely followed by a Vosa car, then tried to stop VOSA getting in front by tailgating a car but it didn’t work :laughing: :laughing:

The other was on the M25/M26 split, you get many foreigners in the wrong lane heading up the M25 then realising they need the M26 and then dive across the lanes causing chaos. I was passing one such truck as we got to the split, realising his mistake he must’ve pulled the fuse out or something because all of a sudden he goes flying past on the inside and cuts across on the hard shoulder. Then he went back to plodding along and I had to overtake again :imp:

Not seen that happpen?

gezt:

waddy640:

doesn’t “dual” mean 2 not 3, well it did when i went to school. (only leg pulling matey :wink: ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Doesn’t carriageway mean something different to lane, well it did when I went to school. (only leg pulling matey :wink: ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:stuck_out_tongue:

tachograph:

axletramp:

Coffeeholic:

I think you’ll find that originally they were referred to as “slow lane” “fast lane” and “overtaking lane” but this is a habit we need to escape from (I’m guilty of this to :blush: ).

I believe that the original naming of the lanes is probably partly responsible for the fact that so many people still believe that they can hog lane 2 on a 3 lane motorway.

or you could say the ‘granny lane’ the ‘sandwich lane’ and the ‘suicide lane’

kindle530:

tachograph:

axletramp:

Coffeeholic:

or you could say the ‘granny lane’ the ‘sandwich lane’ and the ‘suicide lane’

Don’t call them that, apart from a few suicidal boy racers everyone will be driving in lane 2, it’s bad enough now :smiley:

have you seen this happpen before…?

Yes…havent you■■? :confused: :confused: :confused:

A road with no central reservation is a single carriageway or undivided highway regardless of the number of lanes of traffic in each direction.