Have you give up on the news?

Not been updated for a while, not complaining because I know the hassle more than most …just wondering.

Have just asked the volunteer news team the same question :bulb: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I was wondering about that too.

I think that The Insider could be a valuable resource for the transport industry. But only if its kept up to date. If transport company managers know that they came come here to get the latest updates on what is happening throughout the industry, they would log on every day, maybe even have a site update log hooked up to us. That could also lead to getting us much needed advertising revenue too.

Surely there has been more going on this week than one accident on the M62■■

Well, 2p worth time again from me…

Bring it back as part of Tnet instead of leaving it disjoined from the rest of the site. I can’t remember the last time I looked there but when it was at the top of the forum list here I looked everytime I logged on.

:bulb:

Rob K:
Well, 2p worth time again from me…

Bring it back as part of Tnet instead of leaving it disjoined from the rest of the site. I can’t remember the last time I looked there but when it was at the top of the forum list here I looked everytime I logged on.

:bulb:

Have to agree with Rob on this point, the insider is not working for me. I find my own news from the websites I use, it saves me wasting money on comics like truck and driver

I like the Insider, Indeed as someone who posted the news it is a ■■■■ site easier to post news there than here on TN.

TN news relies on people to help out, I have my own thoughts on why this isn’t happening, I don’t intend on posting them on an open forum, but it is obvious that more help is needed and a better structure is put in place for the ones that do help. Time is one of the most valuable commodities we have and its very true, the very famous saying “Only youths and fools do things for the glory”

TC:
“Only youths and fools do things for the glory”

An unusual choice of words TC.

Knowing both Rikki and Lucy I am not suggesting for one second that payments are made even if they were affordable.

If seems to me that the biggest reason why anyone willing to commit part of their time looking and posting news is for the chance to become more involved in the helping run the site, but when they are being constantly overlooked when other positions become available for others who have done nothing makes it less likely the most willing helpers will do what I see is one of the most time consuming jobs on TN(especially if done properly)

Its only my view, it may not be correct but its hard to see why I am wrong.

The reason why no-one wants to do it is because there’s nothing in it for them. As the “directors” keep reminding us on a regular basis that TruckNet is a company then there is obviously some money coming in - most likely from the advertising.

Anyone that has any involvement in the running of said company should be treated as an “employee” of said company and be paid for their services, be it moderating or typing up the news reports.

You don’t get owt for nowt in this world anymore.

Rob K:
The reason why no-one wants to do it is because there’s nothing in it for them. As the “directors” keep reminding us on a regular basis that TruckNet is a company then there is obviously some money coming in - most likely from the advertising.

Anyone that has any involvement in the running of said company should be treated as an “employee” of said company and be paid for their services, be it moderating or typing up the news reports.

Rubbish! Most websites that are free for visitors and members do not make money and rely on the people who run it to do it because they want to do it. any money made via advertising is usually spent on running the site, 9 times out of 10 more money is required and put in by the owners.

TC:

Rob K:

Rubbish! Most websites that are free for visitors and members do not make money and rely on the people who run it to do it because they want to do it. any money made via advertising is usually spent on running the site, 9 times out of 10 more money is required and put in by the owners.

Hmm. I’ve said it before, if the site is costing so much to run then something must be being done very wrong. The site overall isn’t particularly big in the rank of big websites so I can’t see where all the money is going. Domain names cost pennies and web space and hosting shouldn’t be that be that much. Whichever way, the income from the ads and sponsors should far exceed the outgoings for running the site so someone should be coining it in nicely.

If you would like a free quote from a hosting company which hosts the websites of Rover/BMW group UK, AT&T, Carlsberg Tetley, Bass PLC and Thales Telecoms, it will be no problem. You certainly won’t be getting any of the site downtime which has been fairly common of late. :bulb:

I for one will take my share of the blame for lack of news on the forum,but as has alway’s been said by TC ( when he was mod of newsteam) and also by the site owners it’s on a when you can bases. I have been very very busy at work of late with 12-13 hour shift’s ( sometime’s longer if broken down) :laughing: but let me re-assure the owner’s i will get back on track very shortly.Simon if you feel that there is more going on with in the industry then please feel free to send link’s or clips of news that you wish to be placed on the insider to any member of the newsteam( this apply’s to any member)Remember it is not just us the newsteam that can help this part of the site grow you’s can play your part as well.Help the newsteam to make the insider grow. :wink:

kitkat:
I for one will take my share of the blame for lack of news on the forum,but as has alway’s been said by TC ( when he was mod of newsteam) and also by the site owners it’s on a when you can bases. I have been very very busy at work of late with 12-13 hour shift’s ( sometime’s longer if broken down) :laughing: but let me re-assure the owner’s i will get back on track very shortly.Simon if you feel that there is more going on with in the industry then please feel free to send link’s or clips of news that you wish to be placed on the insider to any member of the newsteam( this apply’s to any member)Remember it is not just us the newsteam that can help this part of the site grow you’s can play your part as well.Help the newsteam to make the insider grow. :wink:

What no reply’s :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Kitkat:
Simon if you feel that there is more going on with in the industry then please feel free to send link’s or clips of news that you wish to be placed on the insider to any member of the newsteam( this apply’s to any member)

As usual in my present job, I shipped out on Sunday and arrived back home this afternoon. I quite often get back home on a Friday instead.

Much as I would like to contribute to the Insider, I’m not even in the UK enough of the time to be of much help. I’ve read and understood your comment and will try harder from now on though.

Much as I would like to contribute to the Insider, I’m not even in the UK enough of the time to be of much help. I’ve read and understood your comment and will try harder from now on though.

No problem Simon,i understand that your away all week ( like most on here)if you need or see anything placed on the insider then please feel free to pm it to either newsteam member.cheers :wink: