Have i made a cock uo

Friday I did some driving in a 7.5 left the yard 7 ish and got back about 1040. card was downloaded. they then asked me to go to west London in a van as I was only half way though my shift. got back to the yard second time 4pm. Today I was back in the 7.5 put my card in and it said it was removed Friday 10:40 so I did manual entries 1040 to 1400 other work. 1400 to 1430 break 1430 to 1600 other work 1600 to 0500 this morning rest and then other work till I got to the correct time. I then discovered a defect with the vehicle and was given a van instead so card back out.

question is did I do wrong. should I not of recorded the time spent driving the van as other work. should it of been driving?

many thanks
coop

The only thing youre doing wrong is worrying about it

Should have been driving but unless you max your driving and your averages on a regular basis its not going to matter a ■■■■.

Im 90% sure you record it as other work when driving any company vehicle not fitted with a tacho. Most people wouldn’t even bother doing a manual entry for it tbh so you’re already one step ahead. :laughing:

7am to 14.00.
7hrs no break.

kavs44:
7am to 14.00.
7hrs no break.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
which wont matter a toss to man nor beast,only if it was more than 4.5 hours driving,
just read the snowmans advice and forget about it.

you can’t record driving on a manual entry… so it’s recorded as other work with the relevent breaks in between.

The-Snowman:

Should have been driving but unless you max your driving and your averages on a regular basis its not going to matter a [zb].

Except of course it was in a van - which is recorded as Other Work for Drivers’ Hours purposes.

kavs44:
7am to 14.00.
7hrs no break.

I had a break at about 10 for 15 min. but I take your point.

If they downloaded tacho then it will give an infringement for WTD 6 hour rule. If you put it onto break for 15 mins at 10 then your ok.

The-Snowman:

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

I wouldt worry about it…
But if it becomes a regular thing gping out in a van then I’d be tempted to do some sort of manual entry.
But as a 1off I wouldt worry

It wouldn’t even come on my radar, (as long as I got paid for it :bulb: ) , there are actual ‘important’ things to ‘worry’ about in this job.
Only time I would be telling them no, is if it involved going over my hours and it could stand the chance of it coming back to bite me on the arse after an investigation.
As for me not making a manual entry?
Would not really care tbh…then again I don’t take all this crap too seriously, as long as I’m running basically legal.
They should be going after those who blatantly, routinely and habitually take the ■■■■ big style instead of worrying about trivialities.

No you’re fine :smiling_face:

Youd be doing wrong in not recording other work

Tachograph is for HGV not for van

robroy:
as long as I’m running basically legal.

+1

robroy:
As for me not making a manual entry?
Would not really care tbh…

Going by your other thread Rob, it’s probably best you didn’t tbh… :laughing:

The-Snowman:

robroy: