Have i just killed my career?

Roymondo:

nick2008:

Spikeydog:
Check to see if the relevant force do a Speed Awareness Course. Will cost you a few quid but generally no points and it won’t show on your licence.

That won’t happen unless you have 3 years between points

As far as I am aware, the only mention of 3 years is that you are only allowed one course every three years - i.e. If you’ve been on an awareness course in the past three years, then you won’t be offered one this time around. I don’t think previous endorsements/convictions come into it (although they bloody well should!).

I did a speed awareness, and basically every one there was probably 30+(age). so if you’ve not done one before I’d see about trying to get on the coarse :wink: .

As some others have posted have said, take the licence, without it, your new career cant even get started, with it you can always keep knocking on doors. As sure as anything, there’ll be a day when someone desperately needs a driver, and that when your ready willing and able :wink: .

As for all the “I don’t speed, its my Licence posts” don’t believe any of you :unamused: . More accurately , you haven’t been caught, but the odds are narrowing :wink:

It dose’nt look good but look on the bright side…Once you have the training and them little letters on your licence all it is , is time, Get it done. Something to look forward to…cup half full…Good luck

Well if your name’s "hayabusa"matt, I’m guessing you own one lol!

A bike like that must be hard keeping it under 30 at anytime :wink:

Still the law though :blush:

Probably not the best bike to go through central London on, because it’ll just want to open up all the time. Just keep it sensible mate, one mistake all it takes as you now know. Don’t let it stop you though, just another hurdle.

All the best

Dan

That’s a ■■■■ shame on the points, mate.

It’s moments like this where I think of the phrase “If you don’t try, you can only fail”.

If you’ve got the will and the money, get your licences done. Maybe you’ll get lucky and get taken on, maybe you’ll have to get another desk job for a while, who knows? The only thing that’s for sure is that without your licenses, you can’t drive a lorry at all!

Well here is an update on my situ, after speaking to a some one that deals with speeding tickets , they phoned me up and told me to send the NIP in as stated. About a week later i receive an offer for a drivers awarness course which i fill out and have sent it back , so its looking like hopefully ill take this recent events as a wake up call , do the course and get rid of the bike once and for all , and get my slef a track bike for my fix.

Must amit since this all started i have been riding through London by the book , every day i have seen old traffic light camreas being changed over night to speed cameras , those little small yellow boxes which seem to be alot higher than the standard old fasioned gatso cameras whihc are harder to spot ,

so if you are a London driver keep your wits about you as every day a new cameras are appering its hot hot hot in town

Sounds like a result mate - fingers crossed.

Get a bicycle, you still get all the excitement of numpty drivers trying to kill you, but it’s much harder to get busted for speeding! :laughing:

9 points means you’re perfectly qualified for a career doing courier work.
And courier work leads to 7.5 once you get bored of it.
And so on up the scale.
I’ve known couriers with 20 odd points on their licences.

HayabusaMatt:
so if you are a London driver keep your wits about you as every day a new cameras are appering its hot hot hot in town

Better advice = do not break speed limits etc then you have no worries about cameras :smiley:

Just my 2 cents

I’m a newly qualified class 2 driver with 9 points on my licence and I managed to bag my self a class 2 job doing roro’s so there is hope.

All the best