Have i got a slite bit of depresion

I have recently just split up with my girflreind/fiancee after 7 years of being together and to say i am gutted is an inderstatement!
I came home from work about 3 weeks ago to her telling me that we weren’t getting on and she had had enough and was going to live with a friend. I’m not gonna stand here and say that i was a saint, or that i treated her the best that i could have, but i certainly didn;t treat her bad either, we had our ups and downs like every couple does.
I’ve just found out through a friend that she now has moved out from her friends place and is now renting her own flat which is suppose is the final nail in the coffin.
I’m sat in gloucester now waitng for my container to be tipped and have just been on her facebook page, which in know i shouldn’nt have but curiosity got the better of me, and she looks like she is having a great time, and the amount of messages on her facebook page telling her that she could do better then me and and all that toff ( mainly all from her family which i have to say has to be one of the most disfunctional families i had the pleasure of knowing, not one of them had been married under three times).
I knew things were bad between us but i just thought we were going through a bit of a bad patch and we’d
spring back better and stronger.
She was my first love and first proper girlfriend from when i left school, and i just feel so low at the moment. I’m waiting here getting unloaded and i could just break down, i feel that my whole world has just been ripped from under my feet, and to say i feel a bit lonely is an understatement, we use to speak with each other all the time and to go from that to not speaking at all kills me.

Well you could poss do better than her of course her family are going to say that even if to make her feel bit better

She obviously got the 7 year itch but maybe it was time to move on for both & you still young no it not nice coming home to a cold lonely empty house every week ( yep I have done it but I am a bit older than you but still )

As you said you were going through a " rough patch " as it does happen to most couples at times ( even my grandparents & they were together 72 years married 67 of those ) but I cant really comment as dont know the full story from both of you unfortunately this is life take your time & start picking up your friends & going out sometimes ( yep can be hard but I have been there & is much harder for a woman )

Of course you going to feel down & low atm but it dont mean you have depression if you do then you can always go to your Dr & ask for help

Maybe she just need to have some time as you say you have been together for 7 years & is your 1st g/friend since leaving school so you still young enough to pick thing up & move on yep it can be really hard but life is really too short

One thing you can do is ditch the facebook, they are not real friends and it is not truelife, yes you may be down but depression runs much deeper, believe me! and a few others on here who have just “come out”

If you read her texts, or her facebook, you will read things that are not there, honest. I have been the jealous spurned lover once too often

Wheel Nut:
One thing you can do is ditch the facebook, they are not real friends and it is not truelife, yes you may be down but depression runs much deeper, believe me! and a few others on here who have just “come out”

If you read her texts, or her facebook, you will read things that are not there, honest. I have been the jealous spurned lover once too often

Very true about depression it normally takes a bit longer than a few weeks until you realise you have it you tend to have gone right down to rock bottom & beyond before you realise it sometimes you dot even realise you have it until it too late

Yep I should know if you read some of the older post on here as there is a thread on it somewhere

jo@samaritans.org
Why not get in touch with Samaritans by phone or e-mail;we provide a safe.non judgemental,confidential place where we can help you explore the feelings and emotions you must be going through although we do not give advice.
I know that lorry driving can be a lonely place when things go wrong,give us a call 24/7,yuo’ve nothing to lose

Thanks for your replies, I think it helped to write it all down on the forum to kinda get it off my chest. I know i’m only young and i suppose there are plenty more fish in the see, but it’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you feel a bit down in the dumps.
I really appreciate all the replies you guys/girls have given and it’s nice to see on the forum that people aren’t always arguing with each other or putting each other down and that there
are some geuine nice kind hearted people on here

Thank you :smiley:

youngwithaclass1:
I really appreciate all the replies you guys/girls have given and it’s nice to see on the forum that people aren’t always arguing with each other or putting each other down

Thank you :smiley:

We must be slipping then… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had a bit of a downturn recently and have ended up being jobless and some of my friends have driven me into a corner too. I didn’t seem to think things were going too badly but since they have shunned me i’ve been a tad emotional and depressed over it. They were close enough friends I spoke to one or more at least once a day for the last 9 years or so and a lot has been discussed, including a tad more of a personal nature with one of them who is also more open and unhindered by stereotyping and the like that the older friends are.

Either way, I’ve managed, I’ve survived and I thought they were my ‘best friends’.

Until last weekend. Things went pearshaped and, well, I couldn’t cope. I have other things to take my mind off it but in those quiet times I tend to just lose it.

I’ve had a few close friends (closer than regular close friends, whilst not partners) dump me in the past and I did try and get in contact with some of them (bucket of red paint over my bonnet confirmed their message by the way) after they were suitably hacked off and back then the only answer I had was to walk away completley.

It really does hurt though when you meet in a pub or bar and they just ignore you completely, as if the last x years of your life has been meaningless. its hard, [zb] hard.

Suicide is not the answer. Too many problems you’ll leave behind, and even if you think no one would miss you, they would. I have lost so many friends to death in the last 3 years alone I get the feeling I’m running out of friends. Mind you, they were mostly over 50 anyway, but that’s no excuse to get up and die on me I know. And I shouldn’t take it personally. But I do. And it depresses me. Quite badly :frowning:

My answer previously has been that suicide is not for me because my flat is never tidy. At this rate it will be years before I can get the place sorted but that’s not the real answer is it, becaus there is so much to live for.

Dawn, summer, out in teh countryside. peaceful start to the day. clear sky, no clouds and the sun is just starting to rise. Can you afford to miss that? I can’t. I am so glad I got into trucking back in 2004 even though I’ve had many ups and downs the life out there is what keeps me going.

Leave your facebook account. Maybe even Twitter too. I’ve got a twitter account but it’s quiet. When you’re not working if you have time, consider another hobby than just work/sleep/pub.

Sorry to rattle on, but, well, you’ve got to go on. Otherwise it’ll just be a waste. Seriously. A waste.

I’m into photography, amatuer radio, raynet, driving, reading and computers. Can’t do too much but you can carry on with life. If it’s still affecting you, consider a break or holiday somewhere, just for a few days or a week. But try and stay off the booze to much :astonished:

Spanish Van may send you a suicide pack :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Spanish Van may send you a suicide pack :stuck_out_tongue:

He may but how would you know what he was trying to say.

I’m no expert on depression but I think the worst thing you can do is bottle the negative emotions/thoughts up. Talking to people invites well meaning but useless advice. Writing letters to yourself or others with the intention of never posting is a good way to explore your feelings as is a phone call to the samaratans, they aren’t just there for suicide attempts.
Good luck with the battle against depression, there is light at the end of the tunnel but sometimes the light is only dim.

youngwithaclass1:
I have recently just split up with my girflreind/fiancee after 7 years of being together and to say i am gutted is an inderstatement!
I came home from work about 3 weeks ago to her telling me that we weren’t getting on and she had had enough and was going to live with a friend. I’m not gonna stand here and say that i was a saint, or that i treated her the best that i could have, but i certainly didn;t treat her bad either, we had our ups and downs like every couple does.
I’ve just found out through a friend that she now has moved out from her friends place and is now renting her own flat which is suppose is the final nail in the coffin.
I’m sat in gloucester now waitng for my container to be tipped and have just been on her facebook page, which in know i shouldn’nt have but curiosity got the better of me, and she looks like she is having a great time, and the amount of messages on her facebook page telling her that she could do better then me and and all that toff ( mainly all from her family which i have to say has to be one of the most disfunctional families i had the pleasure of knowing, not one of them had been married under three times).
I knew things were bad between us but i just thought we were going through a bit of a bad patch and we’d
spring back better and stronger.
She was my first love and first proper girlfriend from when i left school, and i just feel so low at the moment. I’m waiting here getting unloaded and i could just break down, i feel that my whole world has just been ripped from under my feet, and to say i feel a bit lonely is an understatement, we use to speak with each other all the time and to go from that to not speaking at all kills me.

First one is allus the killer. You think your world has ended where it all goes south. I remember punching a huge hole through the plasterboard wall at home when my first one called it a day. :open_mouth: But as the days go on and your calls and texts continue to go ignored you start realising it REALLY IS over and you slowly pull yourself out of it. Give it a month or so and you’ll be fine. :slight_smile: We’ve all been there kid.

just reading through this i know how you feel dude.

mrs kicked me out last night and back at my mums house been with her 7 years and married 4 of those,don’t think we are going to get through this one…and we have a 11month old baby girl aswell and i’m back on me ma’s sofa at the age of 33.

I suffered with derpession for years. I used to go to bed at night, and pray that I wouldn’t wake up.
I begged my house mate when I moved out from my wife, to borrow her fathers shotgun. But thank god she always refused.
Carried on working, which took my mind off things, joined an internet dating agency, met the best person in the world. We’ve been together 3 years now, and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for her.
Life ain’t all roses and kittens…We have our moments. But we ALWAYS talk our problems out.
Yes we both strop off and mutter. But that’s half the fun of it!
Hang on in there kid. There is always light at the end of the tunnel! :wink: :sunglasses: :smiley:

A few weeks ago while out walking I had the misfortune to find the body of a successful suicide. I breaks my heart to think how long his family couldve been waiting for news of him or even worse the effect it couldve had another finder in a few more weeks.
No matter how bad it is there has to be a better solution talking it over is a very good start.