Have far have you done

with the fuel light on.

last night i was ■■■■■■■■ myself on my first week in new job and the light came in south of keighley in the rush hour. i had to go to skipton ( gargrave ) then back to freightliner in leeds a total of about 40 miles in stop and start rush hour :exclamation:

Returning from Barcelona one night in a Sprinter van, I was sulking 'cos of a 60 euro fine I’d received for speeding so decided to stay off the tolls to get my petty revenge. Fuel light comes on mid France at about 11pm, my card (UTA) is useless off the networks, did 40 miles with the light on and ended up sleeping under a towel in the back in January on a garage forecourt 'till they opened at 8am. :smiling_imp:

Never happened again funnily enough.

Best part of 100 miles pulling weight up through mid Wales, not a RED card to be seen :imp:

Not really worried as I knew I had an inch or 2 left. :sunglasses:

Surprising how much a 450 tank can hold, gaffers face was a peach when he saw the receipt for 480 litres :laughing:

Good to see the jobs a good 'un Alex, well done :smiley:

I was running back to Cherbourg and the light came on near Rennes. I kept going until turning off in Avranches before measuring the tank. I guessed I had enough.

As I dropped down the hill into Cherbourg the truck was missing a beat. I went into the roundabout and it stopped. I managed to restart and went to the port which is about another kilometre through the town if you use the short cut, (sorry. weight limit) I pulled onto our pump in freewheel :open_mouth:

As above I think I squeezed 880 litres into an 850 litre tank :blush:

I’ve done Sheffield to Skipton with the fuel light on, it was the middle of the day and very quiet so it was mainly done at cruising speed but it was a bit nerve racking by the time I got through to Keighley!

I didn’t want to stop on the way as I’d come all the way from Eastbourne, and had to make it back down to Eastbourne before the end of the day (I was in a car, not a truck, obviously!)

Alex

I´ve pulled onto the pump at Veurne with the dashboard computer showing I had 0 litres left and a range of 0 miles.

Today leaving cromer heading home to bourne the red light came on in the puddle jumper i was in which was fully laden from collection that day, zooming around those bloody country roads that a micra would struggle to get down during the day had eaten up all my fuel…shortcut eh TOMTOM■■? so did everything possible to conserve that bit extra fuel…stuck to 50 mph all the way home my boss would of been proud!!!

Made it back to the yard and i dont think the needle could of dropped any more!!, tank only holds 100 litres!!!

I realise their are many factors to answering this question but on average how much more driving have you got when the red light comes on, and do you get any warning when you’ve just about pushed your luck, as dont you have to drain system if it runs out of diesel■■?

Ive driven Worksop - Robin Hood Airport - Worksop with a bus where the computer was saying it was out of fuel, the bloke showing me the way said it’ll make it for another trip before needing a refuel… :open_mouth:

when i got back to freightliner the needle was well into the red, when i had my combo van the red light used to come on but when it was really empty it used to flash dont want to try and find on a lorry.

did run birmingham to doncaster on red in a volvo it was sayin please refuel, 750l later.

I pulled into a garage one night, i had 350 ltr tank and put in 350 ltrs of derv. :open_mouth:

I was out in the puddle jumper today had 2 drops in kent, and the last one to,use it hadnt refueled it so didnt realise the tank was half full till I’d reached the M6/M1 junction, coming back the red light for the low fuel came on just as I came out of the dartford tunnel got back to the yard, and manged to get 110 litres in the so called 100 litre tank

i ran out of fuel today :blush:

done a change over not far from bougheys in wardle today an the light come on jus as i got there, none of us had a card as we dont do nights out, so i headed bak an about 2 minutes away from the yard it had a nice big flat spot then that was it nothin, free wheeled off the road and called the fitter to come around with a 5 gallon drum to get me bak the yard and some easy start hahaha

you lot must stop watching top gear :smiley: ,

In a DAF XF light came on on M25, got to Harwich, just about managed to get on and off the boat and it ran out on motorway within sight of the Q8 garage at Europoort. 500 euro and 2 hours later got going again. Did anybody else on here work for HSF and remember their bonkers attitude torwards getting fuel?!

In an m reg sed atki, could get from bottom of m6 to stoke with orange light on

switchlogic:
In a DAF XF light came on on M25, got to Harwich, just about managed to get on and off the boat and it ran out on motorway within sight of the Q8 garage at Europoort. 500 euro and 2 hours later got going again. Did anybody else on here work for HSF and remember their bonkers attitude torwards getting fuel?!

Not just fuel!!! Dutch planners completely barkin mad…But it was a good craic

i used to have a 53 plate volvo fm,it ran out on the pumps at birtley truckstop,the computer says it still had 140kms left,and the gauge was reading just under quarter.it was a pain to start,the mechanic had to use easy start to get it away,after refilling. :blush:

My current truck according to Daf has a 500 litre fuel tank fitted. ran from Buxton upto Carlton fuels at Knowsley with less than 1/4 full tank, pulled into Carltons yard had to wait for a pump to become available, just about to pull forward and the truck cut out, had to put it in gear and crank on the starter to get me on the pump. filled up to the brim and only managed to squeeze 460 litres in!!! Now days once i’m coming upto 1,000 kms i know it’s time to fill up, i haven’t the bottle to play the top gear how far on a tank can you go game!

Bottom side of Leeds (M1) right up to Barton Lorry Park on A1 in an Actros.

Packed up about 20 yards from pumps. Got some diesel in with a can, primed by hand and got it going again. Put 420 litres in just to make sure I could get to Consett before heading back to Worksop.

Did call in about 6 garages but none of them accepted the agency card I had! :blush: