Have a look at this job

Morson International
LGV Driver (Class 1, ADR)
Job description
LGV Tanker Driver - Hull - 6 Month Initial Contract

We currently have a vacancy for a Class 1 Tanker Driver based in our Hull Plant on a 6-month contract. The role requires drivers to deliver our products safely in accordance with legal requirements and our own safe working procedures throughout the UK.

A full bespoke training package will be provided.

Requirements:

• Proven previous Tanker driving experience
  • LGV 1 license (HGV Class 1)
  • ADR license 2,3,8 minimum
  • Drivers CPC
  • Proven track record of working within a safety-first environment
  • Able to work under own initiative
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Proven track record of ability to drive in a professional manner to achieve best in class in performance efficiencies

We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return, we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development.

LGV Tanker Driver - Hull - 6 Month Initial Contract

Apply
Industries
Staffing/employment agencies
Job type
Full time
Salary
16.00 - 16.01 per hour
GBP16 - GBP16.01 per hour :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Job reference code
139260SCA_1518013410
Application methods
Samantha Cartman
Phone: 0161 707 1516

That looks very much like Sutton’s latest advert up here??

Apologies all round it’s an Agency, I have never heard of them, BUT still might be worth a look,

Blunder Man:
Requirements:

• Proven previous Tanker driving experience
  • LGV 1 license (HGV Class 1)
  • ADR license 2,3,8 minimum
  • Drivers CPC
  • Proven track record of working within a safety-first environment
  • Able to work under own initiative
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Proven track record of ability to drive in a professional manner to achieve best in class in performance efficiencies

That’s me stuffed then.

16 quid an hour for the UK seem far better than the pay I often see on this forum, as you found the job why don’t you apply for it ? I don’t see why you want to attract the attention from all the rivals on the forum ? ;D

Pat Hasler:
as you found the job why don’t you apply for it ? I don’t see why you want to attract the attention from all the rivals on the forum ? ;D

He’s too late, as soon as I saw his post I rang them.
I start Monday. :sunglasses:
:unamused: :smiley:
Just noticed the username btw. :laughing:

robroy:

That just made me lol…if ever there was a queue for a job, its going to be right there… :grimacing:

Mmm, it’s agency £16ph bet that’s umbrella, se not paye. Call me cynical

biggriffin:
Mmm, it’s agency £16ph bet that’s umbrella, se not paye. Call me cynical

And probably any 5 from 7 with 2am starts.

I AM RETIRED :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: just trying to help those who aren’t.

I think it’s the “training package included” that makes this attractive, but if you think about it “Previous Tanker Experience Essential” suggests that there’s not going to be any worthwhile training (ie. ADR to put you through your Tankers from scratch that you don’t have already) and as such, £16ph for Self-Employed - don’t actually seem much, even for oop narth.

Nobbies tried to recruit someone at their Medway City Estate place that “had previous tanker experience”, couldn’t fill the vacancy - so tried offering it out as an agency contract. STILL no takers (because of £12ph Self-Employed contractor rate) and ended up training up one of their own minor ADR qualified drivers to do it, a bit like this ad job description.

…Heard this from a Tesco tanker driver I got talking to, who stayed long enough to get trained up by salversons (recently taken over by Nobbies at Medway City Estate) in this manner - then ditched them for pastures new once he’d done this for about a year!

As far as I know, a fully-qualified tanker driver with 12 months of experience minimum - can write their own ticket. He seemed to have done thus, and I can’t say I’d blame him. £240 per 10 hour shift, all inclusive “day rate” regardless of start/finish time, self-employed rate. I guess that means £24ph including being paid for one’s break, assuming you actually take 10 hours to do your round. (This guy was delivering around Tescos inside the M25 region) 5 shifts per week.

FFS That’s £1200 gross! I can understand why he’d ditched £12ph at ND Nee Salversons! :open_mouth:

Winseer:
I think it’s the “training package included” that makes this attractive, but if you think about it “Previous Tanker Experience Essential” suggests that there’s not going to be any worthwhile training (ie. ADR to put you through your Tankers from scratch that you don’t have already) and as such, £16ph for Self-Employed - don’t actually seem much, even for oop narth.

£16/hr self employed is the equivalent of roughly £12.70/hr PAYE so I’d say you’re right in your assertion its self employed.

“Previous tanker experience” essential doesn’t mean ADR so anyone who has hauled tankers for say Arla would be in with a good shout. They want someone where they don’t have to teach basics such as how to drive with a tanker.

As far as I know, a fully-qualified tanker driver with 12 months of experience minimum - can write their own ticket.

If they can things have improved. When I was hauling tankers for Arla I got talking to other drivers who did ADR when I was on the wash getting CIP’d and the general consensus is it wasn’t worth it unless you could get on the fuel which was a dead mans shoes job.

robroy:

Pat Hasler:
as you found the job why don’t you apply for it ? I don’t see why you want to attract the attention from all the rivals on the forum ? ;D

He’s too late, as soon as I saw his post I rang them.
I start Monday. :sunglasses:
:unamused: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Speaking from experience as someone who drove in general haulage, supermarket work, show work and contract distribution and now tanker work I can tell you that liquid tanker driving has to be the easiest driving job ever, 30 minutes to an hour to offload and most of the time after each delivery, returning to base empty is a great thing. I have even delivered from NYC to Truro, Nova Scotia and returned to NYC empty. Two days to get there, an hour to have some other guy connect everything and unload, then come back two days empty … And all for a Monday to Friday job that pays $80,000.00 a year :smiley:

^^^^ That’s the way to do it. Money for nuffin’ and yer chicks fer free!

(Knowhow Driver’s Anthem)

To be pedantic ,£16.01ph is not a salary but an hourly rate.
Are pay rates now called salary to make them sound middle class?!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Morson are the agency used by air products, who have a depot in Hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk