Haunted Highways

Does anyone have any trucking related ghost stories or experiences?

Z

Zetorpilot:

Z

A wagon in front of me turned into a lay-by :unamused: :smiley:

Sorry J-P

The ghost of ■■■■ Turpin rides our highways & byways nowadays. Only difference is he now wears hi vis.

I remember reading a story about bluebell hill in Kent, people reported hitting someone that wasn’t there when they stopped.

In the autumn of 1992 three separate motorists reported knocking down a figure that ran into the path of their vehicle late at night on Blue Bell Hill, Kent (UK). In the two most dramatic encounters, the figure of a young woman had stared calmly into the eyes of the driver as his vehicle struck her. Subsequent police investigations not only failed to find a victim, but no evidence that an accident had occurred, prompting their conclusion that these motorists had probably encountered the famed Ghost of Blue Bell Hill.

roadghosts.com/blue%20bell%20hill.htm

Ghosts? haha theres no such animal.

The most haunted road in the country (for those who believe in that sort of thing) is possibly the A229 Bluebell Hill in Kent.

hauntedkent.com/x0003a.aspx

i always tell my kids about ian bradey and myra hindley, when we go past saddleworth moor. i explain that they didn’t find all the kids.

i saw a ghost washing my nearside window. then i realised how tired i was.

We have a few listed in Derby and close to me in Swarkestone where the bridge crosses the Trent, there are regular skirmishes between Oliver Cromwell’s troops and Bonny Prince Charlie.

Never seen any myself, only gay poltergeists, They put the willies up me :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
We have a few listed in Derby and close to me in Swarkestone where the bridge crosses the Trent, there are regular skirmishes between Oliver Cromwell’s troops and Bonny Prince Charlie.

Never seen any myself, only gay poltergeists, They put the willies up me :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like the political correctness has reached the after life now.I suppose they lock up the straight ones for ■■■■■■ harrassment of the female poltergeists who’d rather go for the other female ones than have a willy put up them.Anyway heres a song which changed the words to Benny Hill’s Ernie in those far off days before speed limiters.You could feel the shaking ground and his wheels went round and round and the roar made by his engine could be heard for miles around.As he hammered up the M6 never stopping for a rest his name was Paddy and he drove the fastest Scania in the West.Now Paddy had a rival an evil looking man named fearless Fred from Faversham and he drove an MAN.Whenever Fred saw that Paddy was was about to overtake he pulled into the centre lane making Paddy curse and brake.It was’nt long before Paddy had an idea which he tried when Fred pulled out Paddy went back in to go by up the inside.But Fred was much too quick for him and came back in like a shot and Paddy had to brake so hard he jacknifed on the spot.Poor Paddy was only 25 he did’nt want to die but now he’s gone to drive his Scania on that motorway in the sky.But Fred still works because he still needs to earn a bob but strange things have been happening while he’s out there on the job.Is that something in the mirrors or just visions in his mind or is it Paddy’s ghostly wagon coming up behind.

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

Sounds like the political correctness has reached the after life now.I suppose they lock up the straight ones for ■■■■■■ harrassment of the female poltergeists who’d rather go for the other female ones than have a willy put up them.Anyway heres a song which changed the words to Benny Hill’s Ernie in those far off days before speed limiters.You could feel the shaking ground and his wheels went round and round and the roar made by his engine could be heard for miles around.As he hammered up the M6 never stopping for a rest his name was Paddy and he drove the fastest Scania in the West.Now Paddy had a rival an evil looking man named fearless Fred from Faversham and he drove an MAN.Whenever Fred saw that Paddy was was about to overtake he pulled into the centre lane making Paddy curse and brake.It was’nt long before Paddy had an idea which he tried when Fred pulled out Paddy went back in to go by up the inside.But Fred was much too quick for him and came back in like a shot and Paddy had to brake so hard he jacknifed on the spot.Poor Paddy was only 25 he did’nt want to die but now he’s gone to drive his Scania on that motorway in the sky.But Fred still works because he still needs to earn a bob but strange things have been happening while he’s out there on the job.Is that something in the mirrors or just visions in his mind or is it Paddy’s ghostly wagon coming up behind.

funny but sadly flawed - when fred pulled into the centre lane, paddy would have no qualms about using lane 3 :wink: the A15 between Lincoln and Sleaford is reputed to be heavily haunted, google it

jj72:

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

funny but sadly flawed - when fred pulled into the centre lane, paddy would have no qualms about using lane 3 :wink: the A15 between Lincoln and Sleaford is reputed to be heavily haunted, google it

Paddy could’nt use lane 3 because the cars were in that one doing 70 and they were all going much slower than both him and Fred.

Zetorpilot:

Z

No ghosts seen while truck driving, except those ’ moonlighting’ doing the 2nd. 12 hour shift!!

However…

In the mid seventies, I would have been in my early teens. I was travelling in the back of a Morris 1000 van.
My Dad was driving and my Mum,Brother and Sister were in there too. ( We knew how to travel in style )

We were travelling from Kidderminster towards Shatterford on the A442. On a December evening
just before dusk. My Mum shouted up " Look at that little man!" We all stared to the front and sure enough,
there was what appeared to be a short man standing on the embankment about six feet above the road.

He was very odd, he was wearing what appeared to be a green felt tunic and dark leggings or tights.
Although he could be seen clearly, he seemed very much out of place. He was just standing and staring
into thin air. As we passed, looking though the rear windows of the van, he looked in our direction.
But his face was expressionless. I looked at him until he disappeared out of sight, having stayed at the same spot.

Who or what he was, none of us could say for sure. But we all agreed on how out of place he looked
and his motionless behaviour.

Whether it was a ghost, we will never know. But the odd feelings I experienced at the time,stay with me.

Most of my ghostly occurences havent been on the road…
Anyway, years ago when I was younger I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a black figure go past my bedroom and into my mum and dads room silently, it wasnt my mum or dad or brother and both my dad and brother have said they saw it :open_mouth:
Experienced a couple of goings on when I worked at Reading train station, once when I was booking on I heard furniture being moved and knowing that the duty manager never sat still, wandered over to his office and the doors were locked and I was the only one there :open_mouth:
On another night shift, I nearly made it up to the clock tower and got halfway up the staircase (imagine a staircase in the films - really old, wooden and twisty and you get the picture) when something went bang and I turned round and legged it back out, the manager said it was probably a pigeon but you would have heard it fluttering about :open_mouth:

Not this country, from my RMP days, i’d heard reports of RTC’s on the range roads in Germany where soldiers had swerved to avoid a squad of German soldiers marching along the road. When they got out of the remains of their car, there was no-one to be seen. I’d have been likely to think the drivers had been drinking, if it wasn’t for the fact that the same squad of soldiers have been spotted for decades marching the roads at night. Everyone who has encountered these soldiers say they were dressed in WW2 uniforms!
:open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
only gay poltergeists, They put the willies up me :stuck_out_tongue:

limeyphil:
i always tell my kids about ian bradey and myra hindley, when we go past saddleworth moor.

Mike Lewis:
My Mum shouted up " Look at that little man!"

(The rest weren,t a lot of help either :unamused: :unamused: )

Thanks a lot for putting this thread up Zetorpilot. :angry: :angry: I shouldn,t have read those posts before I went to kip. I never slept all night, I kept hearing the ■■■■■■ floorboards creaking, that sort of stuff. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Then I kept gettin pictures in me mind of those gay poltergeists puttin their willies up Wheelnut, and started laughin like a lunatic. :laughing: :laughing: I bet Limey,s kids really look forward to a day out in the car with him as well. FFS some place to take the kids for a picnic , Saddleworth Moor. :frowning: :frowning: When I started mumblin about seeing a little green man by the side of the road, my missus moved into the other bedroom.

Am I right in thinking there was another thread on this subject a year or so back?

Also, if I remember correctly, wasn’t there something about ome spooky goings on at Tibshelf?

I’ll have a look for it.

EDIT:

My mistake, it was actually a thread, not a post about Tibshelf. → Here

I think the only ghost frequenting the highways and byways of this fair land is the ghost of the transport industry.

Coffeeholic:
I think the only ghost frequenting the highways and byways of this fair land is the ghost of the transport industry.

the list is endlist…

the ghost of an rh freight brit reg lorry on the M20 going into dover…

in fact the ghost of any brit reg truck going into dover.

I’ve heard that the A104, the part which runs through epping forest is meant to be haunted, by truck drivers who have gone for a wander while on tacho break and never came back to their truck :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

This is one of the trucks…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

↑↑ Now I remember! That’s where I left it!

Great replies and links on this thread - thanks folks!