Hauling of livestock

hi all some may have read this on another of my posts but want to ask everyone i have my class 2 test on the 31st and have a few companys local im going to be contacting for work what i wanted to know is do you nedd an additional certificates, licences, or qualifications to haul livestock, and to collect bulk liquids like milk etc ill thanl everyone for their help in advance many thanks, chris

cbarnes:
… what i wanted to know is do you nedd an additional certificates, licences, or qualifications to haul livestock,

Hi mate,

I’d say that Denis F is a good bet for knowledge of livestock requirements, but he’s probably having a kip just now. :wink: :grimacing:

cbarnes:
and to collect bulk liquids like milk etc ill thanl everyone for their help in advance many thanks, chris

Just before somebody jumps in with " you’ll need an ADR licence to drive a milk tanker," you don’t need anything apart from the relevant driving licence to drive a milk tanker, or any other tanker carrying goods that aren’t legally counted as ‘dangerous.’ :wink:

An ADR licence is only required for the carriage of dangerous goods. :smiley:

dieseldave:
I’d say that Denis F is a good bet for knowledge of livestock requirements, but he’s probably having a kip just now. :wink: :grimacing:

can you keep the noise down over there :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

cbarnes:
what i wanted to know is do you nedd an additional certificates, licences, or qualifications to haul livestock,

yes you do !! defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/farman … aining.htm

and more importantly you need experience of handling stock ( an old livestock hauliers saying is " it’s easier to train a stockman to drive a wagon than train a driver to handle stock " ) :wink:

so would being brought up around animals and living on a small holding in france and now living on a dairy farm in somerset count :laughing: ill look into the defra side of things many thanks.

cbarnes:
so would being brought up around animals and living on a small holding in france and now living on a dairy farm in somerset count :laughing: ill look into the defra side of things many thanks.

that would definitely help :wink:

you’ll need contact NPTC or LANTRA for the competence certificates ( or ask Georges who does their training )