Haulage price

Hi

I’m looking at importing material in ISO tanks (20t loads) to Portsmouth Docks. It will be going to either of our sites, furthest is 70-80miles away and the other is 50miles.

To see if the figures work out for me could someone please give me a rough guide line of the likely haulage charge from the Docks to site (or a decent firm to contact).

It wouldn’t start for a few years but should be 2 - 4 loads every week for a couple of years.

Cheers,

Come back in a few years then. :unamused: :confused:

shirtbox2003:
Come back in a few years then. :unamused: :confused:

lol :smiley:

I did think come back closer tot he time. The issue is the price now will not be the price in 2 years time with inflation and fuel costs it will be likely double if this government continue to screw us over :slight_smile:

saxtonhaulage-andre:
I did think come back closer tot he time. The issue is the price now will not be the price in 2 years time with inflation and fuel costs it will be likely double if this government continue to screw us over :slight_smile:

Ha yeah, I’m aware it is early but when the tender is out now we have to put a price in on todays rate. Obviously there is a sliding scale implemented for increases between now and job start.

Normally I would price it myself but our work is predominantly bulk tippers so I’m not entirely familiar with costing’s on Skellys/flatbeds.

Between £1.30 and £1.50 per mile travelled for a subby

saxtonhaulage-andre:
Between £1.30 and £1.50 per mile travelled for a subby

Yep, those will be around the cheapest rates you’ll get if you were to do it today. If you ask for quotes from the big names except more like double that. Also there might be a demurrage charge too depending on how long it takes to discharge them at the delivery point.

20 foot tank probably best carried on a step frame skelly? Hire in/buy/lease one or two and price up traction?? That assumes youre returning tank to Pompey and wont be involved in off-hiring it elsewhere; and all necessary pumps and hoses are at delivery point; and no washing out/cleaning certificates after tipping??

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve based it on £2per mile just to be safe.

The tanks would be getting dropped at the depot, then the previous tank that is now empty would be returned to the Docks, and so on so forth.

Thanks again.

Call Bruce at Isotank, he’ll give you a rate, get the number from the website, they have skellys running everywhere.

Sapper