Haulage firms from 1950,s 1960,s

hi all does anyone remember Dowells Transport ltd New road Rrainham Essex operating in the 50,s and 60,s they ran Tames Trader Artics with 4 in line trailers all painted maroon, they hauled for fords, lafarge cement, and Thames board mills and back loaded finding there own loads, my old dad drove for them for a few years, feels like last year to me hay ho.

Hi Remember them they were bought out by J.C.Brain when Charles moved the George Battern tipper operation from Dagenham East Station
I remember going to Dowells at the time and they had a fleet of D1000s in as you say a shade of dark red.When the tipper operation stopped and the core off the buisness relocated to Thurrock the site was taken over by Purle Group who had gray and orange waste tankers then Became Cleanaway.

spot on mrken thats exactly what i remember. i think cleanaway are still in the same yard next to the four oaks cafe , happy days, did you know any Dowells drivers.

No sorry I only remember because all my family worked for Charles and he is a family friend and at the time I went there with my Dad and remember all the vehicle lined up.In the 60s Charles bought a number of loacal firms out in the area. Tankards of Enfield . Dormers and had a big contact fleet on Durux the block people .

Hiya…Purle waste thats a blast from the past.
John

Didn,t Purle Waste buy out Hancocks waste from Stretford Manchester in the 60s.

ThomasHancococksStretford.JPG
photo from Tipits manchester tipper thread