Haulage exchange?

anyone use the haulage exchange website?? . im desperate for work i run a small transport company it looks ok but before i sign up… looking for a bit of feedback very expesive to join 6 months £780 + vat for all access… van and trucks

any info greatly recieved
john

I have used ‘Loadup’ which is alot cheaper but i was running a van at the time, but i did get a fair bit of work.

Have you thought of putting this request on the “Owners and Fleet Operators forum”.? You might have a better chance of getting some info on there. It,s the site below this one on the Home Page. Just a suggestion .

Buycrider:
Have you thought of putting this request on the “Owners and Fleet Operators forum”.? You might have a better chance of getting some info on there. It,s the site below this one on the Home Page. Just a suggestion .

hi
yeah i will do that now its a bit quiet on there tho dont seem to get much response i ll do it now thanks
john

Courier/haulage Exchange is very expensive unless you can use it right - then it’s an excellent work tool. But thats all it is, an additional work tool and only good for possible backloads. You actually need someone in the office/home to be watching it all of the time, bidding on backloads at those sort of prices! Then, you might be able to make it work.

Any website exchange cannot be relied upon to provide a continuous stream of good work even though there are plenty out there that promise just that!

They can only be a supplement to your own/subbied work.

Anyway …

www.gtmuk.com

www.shed5.co.uk

www.truckspace.co.uk

www.loadup.co.uk

… are all there for you to try and at a much cheaper price!

Good luck!

We tried out the Haulage Exchange but found out that it wasnt for us. We got a few jobs from it but you really need someone sat infront of the computer looking at the loads getting posted,they can go very quickly.

yeah they do seem to go very fast.

There’s also SHIPLY (spelt like that). Its recommended by eBay apperently. Obviously there’s going to be alot of smaller items, and people wanting to pay sod all, but its free to have a look. I think they charge commision for jobs you bid on and win.

www.shiply.co.uk

busy fool:
anyone use the haulage exchange website?? . im desperate for work i run a small transport company it looks ok but before i sign up… looking for a bit of feedback very expesive to join 6 months £780 + vat for all access… van and trucks

john

BTW thats payable, in total, in advance!

Darby Flyer:
There’s also SHIPLY (spelt like that). Its recommended by eBay apperently. Obviously there’s going to be alot of smaller items, and people wanting to pay sod all, but its free to have a look. I think they charge commision for jobs you bid on and win.

shiply.co.uk

go and wash your keyboard off now :open_mouth: how dare you mention that site around the most experianced drivers around :laughing: ,that site is full of van and man lads who dont have correct insurance and dont know how to work out rates for jobs,ive seen jobs for over 1500 mile go for £250 and that was for a full load for a van :unamused: one word COWBOYS

:laughing: agreed, but money is money, especially if it’s filling empty space. I was referring to the larger item to be shifted though, not the crappy stuff like a driveable car from Scunthorpe to Lincoln!! WTF, go fetch it yerself lard ■■■, :laughing:

maverick72:

Darby Flyer:

shiply.co.uk

go and wash your keyboard off now :open_mouth: how dare you mention that site around the most experianced drivers around :laughing: ,that site is full of van and man lads who dont have correct insurance and dont know how to work out rates for jobs,ive seen jobs for over 1500 mile go for £250 and that was for a full load for a van :unamused: one word COWBOYS

This may make you laugh, my Brother moves the odd car off Shiply, if he’s going that way with a ■■■■■■ and trailer, well he qouted this guy 300 quid to drive a car from the midlands to Calais and the guy acepted the offer. Then he say’s to my Brother would you mind if I travelled with you, (WTF) thinks for a mo and says yes but you buy dinner and the guy agreed. don’t ask!!!

I run one of the sites John listed and I’d be happy to take your money, but if you are looking for work for artics you might be disappointed.

Most of the sites have pages where you can see the work posted in the previous week or so, so if you keep an eye on them for a few days you’ll get an idea of how much work they have that you would be interested in.

If/when you join an exchange site you should invest a lot of time getting to know the other members and getting your name known on the forums, because most of the profitable work never makes it to the job boards. :wink:

Hello Mike George… did you ever get your usa site up and running.

dieseldog6:
Hello Mike George… did you ever get your usa site up and running.

Hello, fancy meeting you here :smiley:

No, I tried to get a courier forum site going but the Americans are were too shy to talk :unamused: and I’ve pretty much given up on the idea of an American freight exchange. (For now :wink: )

if its big stuff look at freight alerts or truckspace tbasicly avoid haulage exchange i was on the courier site when we ran a van but work had almost dried up last time i looked at the courier site also you could try return loads . in my experience anything is cheeper than the dreaded yellow one. oh hello mr george from another member :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

busy fool:

john

would you like some round trip work from south wales to barcelona? £3350.00

Advert removed again.

Limeyphil… tell us more?