Haulage companys in Gainsborough?

Hi all, just a quick one,

I am moving upto the Gainsborough area and was wondering if anyone knew of any large haulage firms in th area who are looking for drivers ?

Thanks in advance.

Apart from the millers Rank Hovis and Kerry Foods, you could try John Brash on the timber, or J Bradshaws. W Leanings or L & KR Thorpe, Aisby Plant on Corringham. In fact I would say Gainsborough is a good area to find a decent transport job.

I used to deliver around the Lincolnshire area and knew every pothole between Howden and Bardney. Apart from large hauliers there are many smaller companies and farms who operate trucks, and you are less than 20 miles from Lincoln or the A1

Pends how far you want to travel withing a 20 mile radis you have

Wilkcos (Worksop), DHL (Tickhill, Harworth, Newark) , Bibby’s (Scunthorpe)

Try NOBLE FOODS good money, good gear.

Smiths of Scotter?

They have a yard at Blyton,and I only know of them because the Chairman of my motor club works there.

Ken.

Thanks for them :smiley:

As long as i can get nights out tramping for the week, I am not fussed.

Edward Teller:
Try NOBLE FOODS good money, good gear.

Since when?
Last year I was offered a mere £17k p/a for class 1.

Brashes and Bradshaws seem good firms, tricky to get in as not many leave.
Leanings nice fleet but moneys not great.
RASE based at Wickenby has grown in recent times and fleet is well upto date, not a bad crack if you get good runs. Have heard one or two lads on rigids there though not so happy as not getting hours in to make there money, class 1 lads there though on better pay scale.
Like has been said though theres many smaller firms about, Don Clixby from Blyton nr Gainsbourgh, WR Carters from Owmby just off the A15 north of Lincoln. To name a couple.

Now thats funny IMP because they told me average earnings were £28.000 PA,
It is Deans your talking about?.

what about grimers ■■?

Edward Teller:
Now thats funny IMP because they told me average earnings were £28.000 PA,
It is Deans your talking about?.

Deans got taken over by Noble last year. Mate used to work there at Deans and said to me good job doddle on class 1. Rate when he was there was over £20k 3 years back. I went for chat last year, the week Noble took over, guy interviewing me said I see you are on more than £20pa, guess you wont be interested in this position then at £17k pa with little overtime to be had.

This is Noble/Deans from North Scarle.

yeah same place I went about 18 months ago but I dont reckon much to live chickens so gave it a miss.