Haulage companies in scottish highlands

Moving to the Scottish highlands shortly and was hoping if any of you guys could point me in the direction of any haulage companies in the highlands, alternatively any companies in the highlands looking for a class 1 driver day/night work, 30 yrs experience, thanks

colin.blue:
Moving to the Scottish highlands shortly and was hoping if any of you guys could point me in the direction of any haulage companies in the highlands, alternatively any companies in the highlands looking for a class 1 driver day/night work, 30 yrs experience, thanks

The Highlands is a big place.

You could try fergusontransport.co.uk/

or an agency like driverhire.co.uk/inverness

Try Mcleods of Stornoway, along with Fergusons they are probably one of the biggest. A town name would help, it’s not like Englandshire up this way, towns are few and far between in places, let alone hauliers.

You’ve got J & G Riddells, Innes of Portsoy, Innes of Huntly, A F Grant Ballindalloch, McPherson of Aberlour, D Stevens of wick, just to name a few. But who ever you get on, you’ll have a top motor, good luck, it’s absoltely stunning up there :wink:

gunnerheskey:
You’ve got J & G Riddells, Innes of Portsoy, Innes of Huntly, A F Grant Ballindalloch, McPherson of Aberlour, D Stevens of wick, just to name a few. But who ever you get on, you’ll have a top motor, good luck, it’s absoltely stunning up there :wink:

no innes of huntly anymore, mcphersons are looking for drivers as are wj&j green of garmouth, a&f grant were looking for not long ago, j&g riddel always looking, rogers of keith are looking (livestock experiance preferred), d r mcloud of stornoway, bannerman

The highlands is comparable with the size of a large portion of England…

sorry guys , plan to move to a 30 mile radius of inverness, anybody heard of jb transport ?

Yeah, they took on most of the MRS work up there & now occupy the MRS site in Bellshill.

They do the Tesco highland stores out of Livingston.

You could try ARR Craib as well.

colin.blue:
sorry guys , plan to move to a 30 mile radius of inverness, anybody heard of jb transport ?

jbt.co.uk/

Inverness Depot
Unit 1
Dalcross Industrial Estate
IV2 7XB
Tel: 01667 462999

Forget Craibs,they are mainly Aberdeenshire,i live in Peterhead and there is plenty work around these parts… HGV drivers wanted sign outside The Real McKays Peterhead yard,they run out of Buckie too,James Killoh at Fraserburgh are always looking… Dont know many around Inverness who are taking on,Pegasus Express are there,wouldnt touch JBT unless you are out of options… Pay rates around my area are good,i get £11 and hour doing tankers,Craibs and Asco get around £9,McKays similar… Driver Hire in Aberdeen offering contracts worth betwen £10.50 and £13.50 an hour,they have an Inverness branch too…

Theres “highland haulage” in inverness dont know if looking for anyone

I worked out of the BP terminal in Inverness for the month of May in 2010 & I absolutely loved it!
A complete contrast to working from the Vopak Terminal in West Thurrock!!
A regular run was to the BP garage at Broadford on the Isle of Skye or The Scottish Fuels terminal at Portree. Mind you, it did take a bit of getting used to, them guys from Stornaway(fridges) or the guys on logs take no prisoners, coming towards you on the limiter with only inches to spare !!
Beautiful scenery though, stopping by one of the lochs for a break, the silence & fresh air are fantastic.
My contract there finished on the last Friday of the month & my wife & daughter got the train up from Newcastle on the Saturday arriving at Inverness station at noon. We had a fantastic long weekend, heading back home on the Bank Holiday Monday.
On Tuesday I had an induction at Immingham ( no fresh air allowed!)
What a come down!

colin.blue:

jbt, well words cant describe what some think of them and judging by the state of some of the fleet i dont think the wages would be upto much either as living in the highlands isnt as cheap as people think

Thanks for all the replies guys

Why not give Ian S Roger a try?