Hats off to............................

Yesterday must have been passing out day for numpty drivers.

1. Coming out of Huntingdon on the 141 and a car pulls out. I move over as Im going straight on, she sat just behind my trailer axle until we reached the roundabout.

2. A14 a copper doing 65/70 kph with blue lights and pass me lights lit up. He had those lights on for at least 15 klicks, on his own, not really looking at traffic. Think he may have just forgot to turn them off.

3. Sainsburys artic on A14 about 70 kph except when I pulled out to pass, he then matched my speed. even rolling down a hill slightly over 95km, he kept with me. I indicated left and forced him to back off. He then dropped back about a kilometre

del949:
I am with Mercjim, I will move over for a truck but never for a car or light van.

Sorry Del but most Truck Drivers are just as Bad, they like you to ease over to let em in then hold you out there till you drop back.

My view now is to hell with them it’s their responsibility to join the traffic flow not my responsibility to alter the flow for them to join.

It’s actually a Minor Fault on your HGV Test to ease over to let traffic join from a slip road :wink:

the reason I let hgv’s on to the carriageway (if I can) is because they don’t usually have the option of accelerating to cruising speed on the slip rd.
However I agree that there are a lot more HGV drivers who do as you claim, and then refuse to make eye contact when you are stuck at the side of their cab.
The one bright spot is when you see a slow moving mobile crane up ahead, then you can ease off and keep him in until he has to brake, leaving you to tootle off into the distance with a cheery grin on your face.
I always give a couple of flashes on the hazards to say “thank you” when this happens.
maybe not proffessional but entertaining :laughing:

bowserman:
…Ultimate Communication Systems of Middlesborough, phone 01642 242 567.

Or more importantly their employee driving his white transit down the A19 this morning who thought it would be entertaining to travel at 48 mph until I tried to overtake and then match my speed even when I slowed down to pull back in. This went on for about 20 miles on and off. How I wish putting these morons into the ditch was legal. :smiling_imp:

had the same problem myself on countless occasions . when ive no otheir choice i give them 5 flashes on the indicator and return to my desired lane :laughing: (up to them to move me im not fussy if they do or dont ) :laughing: :smiling_imp: but they allways move :bulb:

Quinny:
Normally,they join,and then accelerate away,leaving you looking like the proverbial herbert in the middle lane.

Ken.

If they can get going and out of the way so I can quickly return to the inside lane then that suits me fine, whether they’re in a car or truck, I definately don’t feel like a herbert when they do, its safer and a lot faster than them sitting in the inside lane waiting for me to pass…
then I pull in…
then they pull out…
and come past on the offside anyway :unamused: .