HATO

To Highwayman; is there an age limit on your job■■? and if not were do I apply for a job.
I,m 66 and still hold a class 1I am working as a trade platerat the moment ,but I wouldn,t mind getting on with HATO.it would be an interesting change from driving Heavies.

I did think there was an upper age limit,but not 100% sure.Look under ‘careers’ on HA website: www.highways.gov.uk

extrucker:
I did think there was an upper age limit,but not 100% sure.Look under ‘careers’ on HA website: highways.gov.uk

Thanks for that, I looked it up like you suggested, there is a waiting list as long as the M1 I would definitely be to old by the time they got round to me, I"ll stick to the trade plates for a while longer. ta.

There’s a guy on my section who’s 65. He’s just applied for an extension to his contract and I think they’ve allowed him another couple of years. He’s been in 4 years though.

Sos, Think you’ll find the age limit is 63 and a half, the age discrimination get out is that it takes so long to train and become competent (Not that we all are after much longer :cry: )

May get away with an RCC operator being a bit older as it’s a lot more sitting around :smiling_imp:

speedyguy:
Sos, Think you’ll find the age limit is 63 and a half, the age discrimination get out is that it takes so long to train and become competent (Not that we all are after much longer :cry: )

May get away with an RCC operator being a bit older as it’s a lot more sitting around :smiling_imp:

Thanks for your advice fellers, :cry: I dont think RCC would suit me I,m hands on ,not office material at all :smiley: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I will stick to what I,m doing , or I may try RAC,or AA breakdown, thanks anyway :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

speedyguy:

Like I say, my colleague is already in, he had to jump through hoops to get his contract extended.

The Highway Man:

speedyguy:

Like I say, my colleague is already in, he had to jump through hoops to get his contract extended.

Jumping through hoops? That’s a bit extreme, what’s wrong with using a treadmill in the medical like everybody else, surely the HSE department don’t like that, mind you I suppose it was coned off & he was wearing a Hi-Viz :open_mouth: :laughing:

Very good. :wink: