Has your firm got work into January and february?

dowahdiddyman:

sea frog:
on animal feed winter is normaly busy all the way to easter but it has been quiet due to all this dam mild weather :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:[/quo

Dunno, we keep banging limestone into the mills like it`s going out of fashion, esp Lloyds.

that would be for all them chickens they seem to do an awful lot of them.

gnasty gnome:

sea frog:
on animal feed winter is normaly busy all the way to easter but it has been quiet due to all this dam mild weather :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Glad it’s not just us; couldn’t be more different to this time last year could it? :wink:

come on the cold weather :smiley:

im not very optomistic about my place…i dread the post dropping through the door incase its from work and the dreaded p45

Well, we had a very breif spell where things did pick up for a week before Christmas, & I did manage to get only one day overtime in, thats how breif it was!! :frowning: , now they are saying it’s going to be busy again this January, which could be possable with spring stock to reach the shops, although I would think that it might be another breif ‘peark’ :unamused: They have been bringing in temp workers to knock the overtime flat :frowning: , & getting rid of them when it goes quiet again, so I guess we’ll just have to wait & see :neutral_face:

Container work is very quiet at the moment.
The Oil Company I’m working for is having it’s quietest spell for ages, people just ain’t buying heating oil. Hopefully soon it’ll get colder.

Snowed under all year round. our depot has gone from 6 drivers last January to i think will be 38 this coming January. we’ve also moved to a new yard with purpose built garage steamer and fuel.

Im like mr Wildfire. Us walking floor operators are just picking up what everyone else throws away,so its a pretty constant stream. That is, im off to pastures new in feb anyway, so happy days - even if it involves a pink lorry!!

I was told before breaking up for the xmas hols that January was going to be very quiet…and not to expect much work for Feb…great thats just what i want to hear.

I always assume Jan/Feb will be quiet. Glad of it last year. This year - who knows. The pallet system work is so diverse that when one is quiet another is busy, so i guess that will keep going. Also we get loads where firms havn’t got the full loads they usually do so we get the 6/8/10 pallets instead. It’s the big hauliers that lose this work.

That said I guess the Irish work will likely go even quieter.

We’re quite busy at the mo’ as the majority of our work is bakery waste, also we’re pig farmers too so, whilst people keep buying pork and bread, we keep on rolling :laughing:

Loads of work extra days allways availabe my current firm was a good move for me been there over a year now time flys

not sure about next week but as of the 9 jan flat out again thats when we think
most of the timber yards open up again

got to do the work from one depot where theyve finished the drivers[most likely mean more tramping out of our depot],also told we will most likely be doing more general work,new tris arriving,250 in next month or so,with the work we already have hopefully will be o.k.

ady1:
got to do the work from one depot where theyve finished the drivers[most likely mean more tramping out of our depot],also told we will most likely be doing more general work,new tris arriving,250 in next month or so,with the work we already have hopefully will be o.k.

Siezing on the word "general"just hope that the 250 trailers aren’t 44ft platforms with two mains and a fly sheet “ady1”,foreign language I know !! That will really be a ■■■■■■ for you lads, thats if they can find anyone to give you all “an induction” ( probably can’t as all the instructors are ■■■■■■■ as well !) for 6 months,and then there would still be loads lying all over every roundabout !! 2012 here we come,—duck ! Happy new year to you all,it’s only a bit of “craic” !! You never know Tink might open a sheeting and roping school at his railtrack in Appleby,and appoint Mo chief instructor!!! Hilarious !!! Cheers bewick.

ady1:
new tris arriving,250 in next month or so,with the work we already have hopefully will be o.k.

I have been assuming that “tris” are tri-axle trailers??
If not , what is a tri, I have not seen or heard the term
outside this forum.

Happy New Year.

Regards,
Nick.

Too much work which is great, but then we are a fruit company, and supply the supermarkets, we also have t6ons of other work as well, and the international side is also busy. One supermarket asked our firm to work Xmas day, as they didnt want the fruit from the farms to sit on the trailers for so long, the firm declined…but wait and see…next year could be different…not for me though.
i doubt if the supermarkets would be allowed to open on that day, but our wonderful government did allow sunday opening, and good friday and easter sunday opening, so nothing surprises me…would be interesting though to see who would work on that day. As it is we do not get paid a penny extra for working bank holidays, whether xmas, easter or any others, so that would be interesting as well.

Bewick:

ady1:

Siezing on the word "general"just hope that the 250 trailers aren’t 44ft platforms with two mains and a fly sheet “ady1”,foreign language I know !! That will really be a ■■■■■■ for you lads, thats if they can find anyone to give you all “an induction” ( probably can’t as all the instructors are [zb] as well !) for 6 months,and then there would still be loads lying all over every roundabout !! 2012 here we come,—duck ! Happy new year to you all,it’s only a bit of “craic” !! You never know Tink might open a sheeting and roping school at his railtrack in Appleby,and appoint Mo chief instructor!!! Hilarious !!! Cheers bewick.

Yawn :unamused: . Change the [zb] record man. I’ve seen less bitter lemons :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

ady1:

Siezing on the word "general"just hope that the 250 trailers aren’t 44ft platforms with two mains and a fly sheet “ady1”,foreign language I know !! That will really be a ■■■■■■ for you lads, thats if they can find anyone to give you all “an induction” ( probably can’t as all the instructors are [zb] as well !) for 6 months,and then there would still be loads lying all over every roundabout !! 2012 here we come,—duck ! Happy new year to you all,it’s only a bit of “craic” !! You never know Tink might open a sheeting and roping school at his railtrack in Appleby,and appoint Mo chief instructor!!! Hilarious !!! Cheers bewick.

fridges bewick[thank god],i think there just replacements for our old fridges to be honest,loads of our old fridges parked up at widness
if you want a laugh bewick,forget my roping +sheeting skills,just have a gander at our new SALMON PINK :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: high viz vests,there claiming there RED,g.f asked me when i got home why we now had SALMON PINK high vizs,i said there not there red,her +her sisters,family say there not RED,there salmon pink[the shame of it].sounds like the kind of thing fiona would suggest,PINK,put them against something red and there not red,but there not a baby pink,i kinda of go with SALMON,but the bloody girlfreind keeps saying salmon PINK :imp: :imp: :unamused: :wink:

Were still very busy,im still getting an extra shift every other weekend if i want it…we were told last week that the firm is to build a massive new cold store at our Telford plant to cope with extra contracts coming online this year :smiley:

<admittedly a bit ■■■■ but get the op’s point> the recession actually ended in June '09- two and a half years ago.

It does look like we’re heading straight into a new recession though.