Has anyone used copilot truck?

Im looking for a sat nav app as a back up/second opinion to my new xgody unit and i wondered if any of you have used this app?

Theres no price on the play store so i would also like to know how much it costs. At the moment i just use Google maps, i wait till I get nearby and click navigate. Its fine for a rigid but seeing as it will be artics soon i need something that picks more appropriate roads and not side streets with cars parked both sides :slight_smile: I’m sure that one day google maps will cater for hgvs showing low bridges and weight limits, but that time may be a way off. I do like the feature of not needing a postcode, just put in the company name and away you go, you can even look at a picture of the company from the road which can be a major timesaver :slight_smile:

Use copilot live for work and wouldn’t use anything else now.

Just downloaded it for a gander. It’s free to download EU maps free, 14 day trial for truck navigation and traffic. A years use costs £84.99.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Thanks Johnny and Eddie, useful information, 85 quid is a bit steep but if it works well it will be worth it.

Showing bridges and weight limits and having the navigation work the route out are 2 entirely different things

I use CoPilot every day and it beats any stand alone sat nav hands down

Thanks all. I would stay clear of xgody if I were you lot, they’re crap! I have a new iPhone coming tomorrow, so I’m going to have the free trial of copilot and give it a try for a couple of weeks, nothing to lose right? I’ll post how I get on with it.

I find Google maps to be the best thing since sliced bread. Just need the name of the company and the town and it takes you right to the door :slight_smile: even get to have a look at a photo of the company in most cases, look at the route, check the satellite for access when you get there, wait until you get close by then just click navigate. Hardly uses any data and touch wood, never let me down so far. And it’s free! (Thanks for the tip Luke Vernon)

May have some news on the job front too. On my way to a new agency this afternoon, I don’t want to jinx it by saying to soon. As long as the agency aren’t feeding me lies, there will be a news flash later on :slight_smile:

Does co-pilot truck not swallow up your data if your using it on your phone?

OLDSALVO:
Does co-pilot truck not swallow up your data if your using it on your phone?

Only uses data for traffic, the maps are downloaded onto your device which work off line, the data usage off your phone is hardly noticeable. something like 1mb per month.

I use CoPilot regularly and find it great. Not having to carry another device with you is helpful.

Only downsides are that a phone screen can be a little small and having it running all the time will kill you battery in the short term if it isn’t plugged into a charger and in the long run it’ll reduce its capacity.

Ive downloaded the free trial, I’ll use it next week and let you all have my review of my personal experience. I plan to use copilot to navigate up till a couple of streets away, then google maps to walk me in the last bit. Gm has worked so well for me i can’t wean myself ofd it just yet.

So my thoughts so far. Intuitive, simple enough to set up. A bit bloated on the app size but nothing too much of a problem. If you’re going to install it, make sure you’ve got a good gb of free storage. Looks good so far, but the acid test comes on Monday.

Question: not counting abnormal loads, what is the standard width of a uk hgv? I seem to remember it being 2.5, but I don’t remember for sure. Its the only thing I can’t set right now. I don’t need to break out the tape measure and be exact, just a ball park figure for standard uk truck width is fine

Nothing beats Google Maps.

I type in the companies name in Google and it gives me 9 times out of 10 their exact location with the option of street view so I can choose the best side to come in at.
I’d only consider usually something like Co-pilot if your tramping and doing long distance jobs and you do not know the roads well.

I use it and it’s great. Very occasionally freezes. Very occasionally gives me a non-HGV route. But nothing’s going to be perfect. I have just re-purchased after one year’s use and have no intention of switching to anything else.