Has anyone tried

Firefox 1.5 yet :question: :question: :question:

Yes, its very easy to use and hopefully not as flawed as IE, at least it doesn’t get targeted nearly as much by the hackers, yet.

Firefox and its sister e-mail programme Thunderbird are both released by the team who release The Mozilla Suite. They are Open Source software, which I believe is partly why they don’t get targeted by hackers so much, there isn’t much challenge in hacking into a programme, if you will be given the source code for the asking.

I was using Firefox and Thunderbird until recently. My daughter managed to crash my computer and wreck my hard drive totally, no idea how. After consulting with my local computer shop I replaced my hard drive and installed the complete Mozilla Suite instead of those two stand alone programmes. Although I am perfectly happy with the Mozilla browser and e-mail clients, I preferred my original set-up.

Any one interested can download any of these programmes from links on the Mozilla.Org web site.

Simon:
Yes, its very easy to use and hopefully not as flawed as IE, at least it doesn’t get targeted nearly as much by the hackers, yet.

Any one interested can download any of these programmes from links on the Mozilla.Org web site.

I’m using version 1.07 at the moment - its brilliant

but I just wondered if anyone had installed the latest upgrade ( released in the last few days) :question: :question:

Denis F:
but I just wondered if anyone had installed the latest upgrade ( released in the last few days) :question: :question:

:blush: :blush: :blush:
Sorry mate, no I haven’t used 1.5 yet.

:unamused: :unamused:

I’ve been using Avant for a while now & it is 100% user friendly and reckoned to be the least likely browser to be affected by hackers etc. I can’t find anything negative to say about it, and its a quick download as well

Simon:

Denis F:

:blush: :blush: :blush:
Sorry mate, no I haven’t used 1.5 yet.

:unamused: :unamused:

Have been using it since it came out, seems stable enough, has not crashed on me yet, from my point of view cant really see any difference between it and the last version, but the FTP extension is very handy if you have your own webspace.

dangermouse: hmmmmmmmm yet another firefox one has a feeling hackers will b having a go soon (just a hunch) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hope yas all have fun with it i prefer my browser as i have said in the past just read the other firefox thread a lil futher down the techies fourm :wink: :wink: :wink: