Has anybody got the ecotaxe box yet?

I’ve sent in the application, but don’t expect them to arrive for a few weeks yet. Just wonder are as easy to install as promised, that is stick to the windscreen and plug into cigarette lighter.

who have you got yours through muckles …atm we are trying to get ours through euroshell but the dont seem to be rushing themselves ,done the online registration form …and rang them but keep getting passed from pillar to post

Doing ours through DKV, sent off the forms, but not really expecting anything to happen to quick, I should imagine with all the boxes that have to be issued it will all be last moment.

The French got fed up with foreign trucks using their free roads on the nationals they had the guts to do something about it unlike the prehistoric Uk and the invasion of Eastern Euro rate cutters.Cue a 55 page essay from Orys to prove me wrong.
The Uk was going to have Gps tracking boxes in all vehicles and get charged for oeak and non peak travel times and congested routes with satelites.They dropped the plan.Why?
The fine is 750 euros for no Eco tax box enforced by Douanes.More jobs created to get more revenue.
I can see 24/7/365 patrols to enforce it.

I’ve posted this site before,
(was in the French info section, but seems to have disappeared) :open_mouth:

ecomouv.com/fr

You will probably find everything you need to know about the upcoming French ecotax, inc. where to get it, who needs it, where it is exempt, how to pay for the box and the tax itself.
Click on the Union Jack , top right to get the info in English.

You will be able to get the pre pay boxes for occasional use from the shell stations at port early arrivals Folkestone and Sutton scotney southbound . The guy at Folkestone said you will need logbook, community authorisation and any emission certificates as well as a fuel card. He did not know which cards would be accepted yet but the ecomouv rep was due in this week. I got the impression you would have to leave a deposit for the box which would be returned if box was ok.

I wouldn’t worry about rushing.

FranceRoutes (Officiel)
Info Express : comme nous vous l’annoncions dès juin dernier dans FranceRoutes, la taxe poids lourd devrait être de nouveau reportée. Le ministre des transports Frédéric Cuvillier devrait annoncer vendredi un report au 1er janvier prochain. Une table ronde est prévue le même jour avec tous les acteurs dont les professionnels du transport. Nous vous tiendrons informés. Hervé Rébillon (FranceRoutes)
Info Express: as we announced last June in FranceRoutes, the heavy goods vehicle tax should be again postponed. The Minister of transport Frédéric Cuvillier is expected to announce Friday a report on January 1. A roundtable discussion is scheduled the same day with all actors including transportation professionals. We will keep you informed. Hervé Rébillon (FranceRoutes) (Translated by Bing)

^^^ This

I can confirm that the Minister of Transport, here in France, is having lots of meetings with all concerned with the set-up and running of this new tax, as he is not happy with what is going on with the installation of the infrastructure, the installation of the eco boxes in lorries and the fact that out of all the commercial vehicles registered here in France, only about 20% have their vehicles ready and up and running for the 1st of October. There has been a very large anti-Ecotaxe feeling here by the majority of haulage firms and they are trying to disrupt this new tax, by delaying the installation of the boxes in their vehicles. They feel that by not installing the boxes, it will cause complete mayhem and there will be no way that it will be policed properly. One overhead gantry, with all the detectors fitted, was pulled down one night, such is the discontent of this taxation, they feel that it is yet another nail in the coffin of the haulage industry here in France.
The proposed start date is now next January, as far as I know.

the company i drive for has had them for about a month now they just swapped the small uta box for the big one as this does the toll roads aswell and it also comes with the instructions for use in germany when it comes into use instead of the toll collect, its pre programmed with the unit reg euro 5 or 6 and the axles etc stick it on the windscreen plug into ■■■ lighter or get it hard wired to the unit easy :smiley:

Thanks Rockgunner I hoped it would be that simple,

And thanks Pierrot and Mucker, for the information. If anybody has confirmation that it’s been postponed it would handy as I can tell some friends who run a race team and have a race at Paul Ricard in early October. They emailed me asking for info on how to get a toll box.

driving from belgium to france the service stations advertise to pay the eco tax in france maybe its like the vignette system that we pay for benelux i dont know for sure but as ive said the company i drive for has had them for a while as they do the tolls in france and spain and the other tunnel around antwerp but i have noticed that my box is a uta but the same box has the shell, dkv etc etc motive on it it all depends who you have an account with ? so some lucky manufacter is quids in. At the end of the day im not bothered cos the company pays on account!! so we drivers dont have to

Alert from the rha on friday saying ecotaxe start postponed until january…

truckertang:
Alert from the rha on friday saying ecotaxe start postponed until january…

Seen the same on the DKV website.

Still waiting for ours to turn up…

doing ours thru as24

tax-news.com/news/France_Pos … 1971.html#

whens the uk getting a tax system seems the rest of Europe can do what they like whilst the uk gets laught at for paying for foreign drivers wear and tear on uk roads…

There were plans to tax foreign trucks coming in to the Uk similar to a vignete system, but it has been shelved or put on hold.
It would be easy to enforce, all they have to do is refuse a ferry or train ticket when you check in at France or any other port before they get in,or buy the tax on the ferry or train and all trucks get stopped to check if they have bought the tax for the Uk roads.
The French have done or may be doing it, so why is the Uk behind again.

toby1234abc:
There were plans to tax foreign trucks coming in to the Uk similar to a vignete system, but it has been shelved or put on hold.
It would be easy to enforce, all they have to do is refuse a ferry or train ticket when you check in at France or any other port before they get in,or buy the tax on the ferry or train and all trucks get stopped to check if they have bought the tax for the Uk roads.
The French have done or may be doing it, so why is the Uk behind again.

The easiest way of collecting a vignette type tax, is to register them as they come in and tax them as they leave. You don’t leave unless the tax is paid.
All they have to do is refuse a ferry or train ticket until it’s paid.

It will be interesting to know how much revenue the French will generate over the year once the Eco-tax is up and running, in the meantime Mr Foreign Lorry, you can use the UK roads for free and not spend one penny in our economy as you eat out of your trailer box/kitchen or side fridge.
I do not see many paying for truck stops, the motorway services would be free for a foreign truck, how can they send the invoice and enforce the payment, they can not.