Harvest Poultry

Bit of a longshot but thought i would, ask on here anyone living around around the Norfolk,and Suffolk areas .do you remember a company called Harvest Poultry Ltd ,they closed in 2002 so companies house tells me ,who made food for poultry so i’m led to believe, as ive discovered that my ERF was built for them but cant find any pictures of the motors they used or the colours were painted in, fingers crossed someone might remeber seeing their motors about or might even have a picture

hiya,can’t promise anything but i drive for 2 agriculture out of stoke ferry in norfolk and we make poultry feed,i can remember the company but not colours etc but i will ask some of the older drivers,no doubt there will be someone who can tell me,then i’ll get back to you,ok? :smiley:

cheers mate :slight_smile: no rush

Here ya go mate
Crown Milling from Kenninghall is the firm you are after.

They were an ERF fleet.
They now run a fleet of red FM Volvo’s.

crownchicken.co.uk/crown-milling/

Harvest Poultry’s motors were green. Their factory was in the South Lowestoft Industrial Estate at Gisleham and they ran Leyland four-wheelers ( Bathgate cabbed ) then ERF artics. The site was eventually taken over by Wessex Foods ■■? but was closed after a fire. I went past the other day and it’s all flattened, terrible shame as they employed quite a lot of people. Cheers Haddy.

Kindle cheers mate :slight_smile: and Haddy thanks for that . at least i know , the colour and a lead to try to see if they have pics :slight_smile:

Hell.Blast from the past.Worked there when I left school.In the cold store.Loading the fridges.Mainly Christian Salvesen trucks.And also Peter Greens.Who are still going.Done a bit in the hanging on bay to.But never got any pics of the trucks unfortunately.

There were several processing plants and Mills round the Diss area. Fridged Freight of Diss were constantly in and out of the Cold-stores at Padleys of Diss, Polastra Packers of Eye. Billy Beacroft ran fridge motors out of Polastra too. The Mills I remember were Tucks of Burston, Duffields of Newton Flotman and Favor Parker of Sutton Bridge. Bet I’ve left out dozens of firms linked to the poultry Industry. Yep! Buttons Ducklings - half a mile from my home in Redgrave!
As for Crown Poultry of Kenninghall - no recollection, but there was an egg packing plant in Kenninghall, but it’s a housing estate now. Ran 4 wheeler Mercs I think but no photos - sorry. Jim

It was Deans Eggs in Kenninghall jmc.