Harthill services M8

Morning Fellas,does anyone know how much it is to park overnight at Harthill Services,not my ideal choice but i,m running up today for a drop in Whitburn in the morning,
Thanks for any info.

Don’t think you have to pay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It’s free but there isn’t much space nor is there many facilities. Used to be a dodgy place to park for getting you curtains slashed. Don’t know if it’s still the same now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for that,i,ll have a flat on loaded with concrete beams so not too worried about the curtain slashers,i,ll be on the West bound side,coming up M6 & M74 as far as Abington then going to cut across as i don,t want to get ■■■■■■■ in the M74 closures today or early tomorrow morn,
Thanks again for your quick replies.

J4 industrial estate is OK by k&n and amazon. 5 minutes to Whitburn.

I,m not due on site Jase until 9am so don,t want to be parked up in anybodys way or without a toilet handy.

Haven’t parked at Hartshill since the 90’s, it was grim then and doesn’t sound like its changed much in the meantime.

You should be ok on a Sunday. If the truck park is busy you can go past it as if you are going out but pull in behind the building. Its supposed to be for buses but trucks park there anyway. The 900 Edinburgh to glasgow bus doesn’t take up all the space that they set for it

damoq:
It’s free but there isn’t much space nor is there many facilities. Used to be a dodgy place to park for getting you curtains slashed. Don’t know if it’s still the same

I parked in there for about five minutes a couple of years ago with a curtainsider and got a slashed curtain.

theive haven. they walkabout and get away with it. place should be neuked. welcome to scotland indeed !

Why not stay at Lockerbie Truck stop ? safe clean showers good food only £12 night

I do stay at Lockerbie quite regularly but i want to be as close as possible to my drop,plus i don,t want to sit through The Raith in the morning.

ringfur:
welcome to scotland indeed !

We’ll to be fair it’s situated on the main road that connects Scotlands two roughest cities and it’s also located at Harthill, a place where the local primary school pays protection money. If you’re looking for a nice welcome it’s probably not your best first choice! :laughing:

Cairn Lodge is ok last time i was there it was a tenner

740MICK:
Morning Fellas,does anyone know how much it is to park overnight at Harthill Services,not my ideal choice but i,m running up today for a drop in Whitburn in the morning,
Thanks for any info.

Get in route 74 mick ,robber Coleman can afford it ,he will have to sell a few more pints , although the size of his duck breast for the money he must be quids in ! :laughing:

Sainsburys trucks are banned from stopping eastbound but are fine westbound as they only have detrash going westbound.

Well so I hear.

I’ve not been in Harthill either side for years I wouldn’t even class it as services just glorified petrol stations.

Sorted now Dan just wanted to get past The Raith before the mornings chaos,
Only been his pub twice in 2yrs.

740MICK:
Sorted now Dan just wanted to get past The Raith before the mornings chaos,
Only been his pub twice in 2yrs.

Did you get discount , I didn’t .

No discount 1st time,free bar 2nd time when we finished for Xmas last year,not been since,its too far for us living in Trentham too just nip for a drink and we,ve got two good eating pubs on our doorstep.

740MICK:
No discount 1st time,free bar 2nd time when we finished for Xmas last year,not been since,its too far for us living in Trentham too just nip for a drink and we,ve got two good eating pubs on our doorstep.

If my detective skills are right are we taking about red lion in Newbrough.