Harry Parkinson Haulage or H.P.H. ltd

Anyone with any info,pics or history about this firm,they seem to run up and down A590 in ■■■■■■■ quite a lot as did Bradys etc. Is Harry still running the firm or are they part of a larger conglomerate these days. :slight_smile:

Hi.

See them every day. They run out of Kimberly Clark - Bewick’s and my old stamping ground, well, Bowater Scott in our day.

Kimberly Clark kicked out all the ods and Ray Steele about 20? years ago and standardised on TDG. Then when the Dentist Strangler took over a few years ago, HPH appeared not long after and Norbert disappeared. Not sure how many loads a day, but on a trip down the A590 you usually see about 4 or 5.

I’m sure someone closer to the traffic office has more details than me!

John

Hi.

Been out of Walton le Dale for 30 years now.

Parkinsons started out in Blackpool but did most of their work carrying out of Ribble Paper Mill in Walton.

They moved to Walton le Dale and into Pickfords old yard (which was Hankins Haulage before Labour nationalised transport)

They had to spread their wings when the paper mill closed down.

I’ll be surprised if Harry Parkinson still runs the operation though with all the personalised number plates I would guess it is still family run.

Peter

Can’t add much to what has already been said.

013.JPG

Think the one I see most often on the A 590 (bit like counting carriages on trains - why do we look at the number plates?) is B8 HPH, but there are plenty of others, subbies and modern day wagon and drags.

I understand brady’s have lost the storage from KC, that’s why all the warehouses have been taken down. Not sure who’s doing it now - maybe HPH?

Walton man:
Hi.

Been out of Walton le Dale for 30 years now.

Parkinsons started out in Blackpool but did most of their work carrying out of Ribble Paper Mill in Walton.

They moved to Walton le Dale and into Pickfords old yard (which was Hankins Haulage before Labour nationalised transport)

They had to spread their wings when the paper mill closed down.

I’ll be surprised if Harry Parkinson still runs the operation though with all the personalised number plates I would guess it is still family run.

Peter

Was it Blackpool or Cleveleys? I’ve a photo of one of their Atkis with a Cleveleys phone number on the cab.

Chris Parkinson has run the business for many years now. Before moving into Hankins’ yard (I do have a photo of a Hankins Atki) they operated out of Winery Lane for a while, didn’t they?

Harry Parkinson by tex99, on Flickr

I am probably wrong in regard to Blackpool and might well have been Cleveleys but certainly on the coast.

Yes to Winery Lane, handy for the paper mill next door and Atki spares two streets down.