Harrods

Anyone know how to get from Brompton Rd to Harrods underground service area Used to be Hans Rd but isnt that one way now towards Brompton Rd Will be driving an 18ton Thanks

tortoise:
Anyone know how to get from Brompton Rd to Harrods underground service area Used to be Hans Rd but isnt that one way now towards Brompton Rd Will be driving an 18ton Thanks

I think it’s 1 way away from Bromton Road? And they’re never going to move the delivery point / underground entrance, so I’d say it’s still there.

edit Just checked Streetview and it appears you’re correct in that the 1 way is now towards Brompton Road, weird…

According to Harrods, the entrance is Landon Place, just off Hans Crescent.

It can be seen here (although it looks small and only 3.7m high :open_mouth:) and then you can zoom out and see where it is and how to get there.

Ignore the 1 ways on Google Maps though as it still shows Hans Road 1 way coming away from Brompton Road, whereas it goes towards Brompton Road.

Not been there for ages though, can’t remember the way in!

I think there’s a height limit of 13’ (someone correct me if I’m wrong) I once went there and was 6" too high, loading bay guys nearly had a heart attack and even refused to let me handball the few boxes I had while parked outside.

Used to go there with flowers. The street from Brom Rd. was 2way then.

right pain in the a*** done it a couple of times last year booked in for 5pm turned up at 4.50 have to wait driver says security(who told me “we are all ex military” am I supposed to be impressed) anyway you have to try and back onto a dock and if the bin wagon is in you have to wait reguardless of your booking time.you also wait outside on I think double yellows and they don’t give a ■■■■ if you get parking ticket even though its their fault you cant get in. when you come out mate just carefully edge out as no one will attempt to let you out it is larndon after all

It was never good in shoppers heaven. Smaller the truck, the better. Brom rd. Full of rich Wally’s …drivers,that is.

Best way in is Sloane Street then right into Hans Crescent and left into Landon Place.You will have no problem turning the vehicle in the loading bay did it myself recently.

Is it not still in Trevor square, heading into town I turned off left just before the end of the store opposite then left again into Trevor square and left down the ramp■■? That’s where the harrods electric van was we collected anyway which they described as there loading bay…

truckertang:
Is it not still in Trevor square, heading into town I turned off left just before the end of the store opposite then left again into Trevor square and left down the ramp■■? That’s where the harrods electric van was we collected anyway which they described as there loading bay…

I’ve just looked on streetview and seen the entrance you’re talking about, I’m not sure if that goes under the road to the main Harrods or was for the building that’s now flats but used to be part of Harrods…

trevorsquarelondon.com/homepage.html

Trevor Square was converted into a block of very expensive apartments (Flats) some time back.