Harris road services micheal baddeley tpt rcs preston brook

does anyone have any info on these companies my father drove for harris at lostock gralam for 20 odd years(now jack richards yard) and was with them when nexus (tdg) took them over . he then went to micheal baddeley tpt in winsford about 1986 and worked nights for him mainly running to runcorn rocksavage or foseco around tamworth for a few years then he was working for north west employment services nwes at rcs preston brook b&q where he finished his working life at 55 due to ill health he was the only guaranteed agency driver to know he would be in monday and not return until sat morning as he used to get a order of tobacco and i was at the time working in belgium all week and would pick it up for him and he would pick it up saturday morning before running in they were well happy as it was usually about 100 packets and i used to make £20 and he made £20 and was guaranteed a weeks work and they got there smokes cheaper than anyone else .its a fickle world isnt it .
his name was stan fanshawe and was a character at work by all accounts if you have any info or pics i would appreciate it thanks as i am trying to give a profile of him to my sons that sadly were born 2 years after he died .

I am sorry I don.t have a lot of info about these firms but I remember Harris Tpt. with the maroon & cream ERF,s and M. Baddeley had bulk tankers again ERF,s in I think blue & red & white.
Harris,s used to carry salt out of ICI at Winsford as well again in tanks and on flats.
Michael Baddeley I think is now in Winsford in a yard called Stevens (I think) just virtually opposite the Morrison,s supermarket in Winsford this yard is now a chemical plant and they produce materials for export to europe and beyond.
Baddeley,s yard I think used to be were the winsford car sales supermarket was on what is now an industrial estate.
Sorry I don,t have any more info .
Regards
Truckman

Can’t help you much with your request Matt, but I remember Harris’s of Lostock Gralam from the 70s when I used to fill up there when driving for Midlands Storage of West Hallam. This was because they were fellow TDG members and thus, as the Nexus brand came much later, it was not the latter who took them over. Just a small point of accuracy.

Having said all that :unamused: , there is just a slight chance that I filled up there because they were a part of the TA (Transport Association), which might make you right :blush: - but I don’t think so :confused: :laughing:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Harris, now TDG left Northwich when they lost the Brunner Mond contract to Norbert. TDG then tried to get back in by buying Seabridge, but again lost the work to Norbert. Haven’t been there for a few years now butSeafields and Norberts were the main contractors with Stevens doing the odd load.

Photobucket

Photobucket

thanks bob lad pics are great and if anyone else now recognises the fleets and have some knocking around feel free to post them .also if anyone has interior pics of a b series erf and e series erf iveco turbo all sleepers please as when i take my little lad with me he thinks a superspace 105 is cramped .if only he knew !!

bump