Hargreaves uk (maltby)

anyone know what the pay working conditions etc or like… cheers

Don’t know about conditions,but the last class 2 job, i saw about a month ago running out of darrington quarry i think , was advertised at £6.76 per hour.

Theres an advert on Job centre website at Maltby, Class 1 £7.17 per hour. Don’t know if this helps.

Whatever the pay rate I can garantee you wouldn’t last 2 weeks with Hargreaves.
The revolving door there runs at high speed, they could set 10 drivers on, on Monday morning. By Friday there will probably be only 1-2 left. I myself once went for the job a few years ago, I sat the interview at Monkton, but walked off before I did the driving assessment after I found out the pay rates

IIRC the OP has asked this specific Q before.
No doubt he will still be on the spanners in 12 months time asking similar questions about local companies, before he takes the plunge and goes out on the road full time

Isn’t it ex stobart management running the whole shebang now?

i also went for an interview at maltby.
i waited two weeks and then was told i was not needed as there were more experienced drivers applied.
guess what, i got a call from them last week asking there was a job for me

yep i phoned them back and told them to ef off.

the £7.17 an hour is for a weekend driver :open_mouth: would anyone in this area that’s full of haulage companies and awash with driving work seriously consider working for that sort of money?

paul b:
the £7.17 an hour is for a weekend driver :open_mouth: would anyone in this area that’s full of haulage companies and awash with driving work seriously consider working for that sort of money?

Unfortunately there are many drivers willing to give it a go for that rate. Which is why the revolving door turns at such high speed, also much to the dismay of the people of Maltby the operation runs 24/7/365 with trucks running through the village.
I am very surprised that the operation hasn’t yet come to the attention of Vostapo as the high number of trucks I see with obvious defects (lights out, mudwings hanging off etc) is unbelievable

There artics go faster than an Irish truck though and more often than not are less than 2 feet behind the one infront trying to intimidate it.