Hargreaves of Cannock ? ERF photos

Hi all,

Long shot here !! I’ve never heard of this company until talking to a friend the other day, the first truck I started to drive in was a 1959 ERF KV on the fairground - 1006 EH, apparently it startded its life with Hargreaves of Cannock before Keith Stanworth bought it for there Paratrooper ride in about 1970

apparently he bought 3 of them, but sold 2 on too other showman

Does anybody have any photos of Hargreaves and espcially 1006 EH in its first life.

Fingers crossed

Thanks
Ant

Willie Roadstar:
Hi all,

Long shot here !! I’ve never heard of this company until talking to a friend the other day, the first truck I started to drive in was a 1959 ERF KV on the fairground - 1006 EH, apparently it startded its life with Hargreaves of Cannock before Keith Stanworth bought it for there Paratrooper ride in about 1970

Does anybody have any photos of Hargreaves and espcially 1006 EH in its first life.

Hi Ant, nice outfit Hargreaves, based in a little yard in Bridgtown. Ran mainly steel, I sold them some 28ft Boden coilers. Maroon livery, yard is now all re-developed by Fred Pritchard into industrial units. He has made a good job of re-developing a very run down area. Now has nice housing, (affordable), light industry, offices, and a good quality Hotel.

Stoke could do with the same sort of entrepreneur to move things along. Hargreaves was 100% ERF, and worked them very hard. Gone but not forgotten.

Cheerio for now.

Fingers crossed

Thanks
Ant

Saviem:

Willie Roadstar:
Hi all,

Hi Ant, nice outfit Hargreaves, based in a little yard in Bridgtown. Ran mainly steel, I sold them some 28ft Boden coilers. Maroon livery, yard is now all re-developed by Fred Pritchard into industrial units. He has made a good job of re-developing a very run down area. Now has nice housing, (affordable), light industry, offices, and a good quality Hotel.

Stoke could do with the same sort of entrepreneur to move things along. Hargreaves was 100% ERF, and worked them very hard. Gone but not forgotten.

Cheerio for now.

Fingers crossed

Thanks
Ant

Thanks for that Saviem, hopefully some photos will turn up :slight_smile:
Cheers
Ant

Hiya ant…well is that ERF 1006 eh a tractor unit■■?..I’am certain i’ve seen that lorry in British gypsum livery…(white)
many years ago.
John

3300John:
Hiya ant…well is that ERF 1006 eh a tractor unit■■?..I’am certain i’ve seen that lorry in British gypsum livery…(white)
many years ago.
John

Hi John, no it was an 8 wheeler and definatly Ex Hargreaves :slight_smile:
Ant

bob-lad:

Hi Bob lad, excellent photo many thanks - you don’t have any of there older stuff by any chance ■■
Thanks Ant

Hiya ant…i tell you where i’ve been looking…on flikka photos of fair lorries. no luck yet. i saw a erf with JEH22 reg,
their was a farmer in Rudyard with a landrover JEH21. that was a 1959reg. the things you see.
ANT… i’ve found 2028 EH i must be getting closer now.
cheers John

got a couple mate will put them on when I get a min cheers

bob-lad:
got a couple mate will put them on when I get a min cheers

Cheers Bob lad - look forward to them :slight_smile:

3300John:
Hiya ant…i tell you where i’ve been looking…on flikka photos of fair lorries. no luck yet. i saw a erf with JEH22 reg,
their was a farmer in Rudyard with a landrover JEH21. that was a 1959reg. the things you see.
ANT… i’ve found 2028 EH i must be getting closer now.
cheers John

John, got that one myself - think it was one of the 3 that Keith bought and sold on :slight_smile:
Cheers Ant

next time you go past finning’s, into bridgetown cannock on the a5 come to the traffic lights,on the left is a small retail park.hargreaves yard was part of the now retail park,i think they did work for the old brick and tile works which is now rheanus logistics

also used to haul out of Shotton steelworks, had a very tidy fleet of trucks, only chap I remember was Noel who had a 8 legger, there was also a firm called Robinsons, brown cab, silver chassis from same area, had an Atki and ERF on steel ex Shotton, only picture I had was the one thats been posted already