Hargreaves interview on Saturday. anyone familiar?

Hello I have been tramping since last three years I decided to do day work therefore I have an interview on Saturday morning what can I expect what’s the jobs like what hours pay etc

Depends on where your based, around here there seems to be a requirement for the driver to be as thick as pig ■■■, have multiple defects on the truck without rectifying them, drive around (even when off site) & forget to turn the beacons off, race past a local primary school despite a local agreement between the council & Hargreaves not to have any trucks drive past during the school start/finish time window. This is because they’re on 3-4 loads job & knock and race around. Also the last time I checked they pay NMW which seems to attract a certain unique quality of driver.
I know 4-5 drivers who have worked for them locally most of them where sacked for causing damage either onsite or causing crashes, one of them (the longest serving, & lead driver) resigned due to having to deal with retards on a daily basis.

Good money but tedious. You’re treated as a bum on a seat, no more no less. 4 weekly pay, poverty spec trucks (apart from a fridge in the scanias). You’ll be put on a job, a to b x3 a day and that’s that, until they decide otherwise. My mate did 9 months on there. He said it’s more like day work where you sleep in the truck. They don’t pay parking, so it’s all lay by or industrial estate parking

Sounds the dogs danglers lads, where do i apply :unamused:

Probably over a decade ago during the bleak season I applied, they held the interviews at monkton coking plant, after being spoon fed the BS at the interview and told the paltry wage/hr I was asked to sit in the waiting room with a dozen or so other drivers where I’d be given a driving assessment, it as the wage was only around £7/hr at the time, let’s just say I didn’t bother taking a seat in the waiting room, apparently the revolving door spins quite fast at Hargreaves. The only good thing about them at the time was the share price & I made a few quid later on as they underwent an expansion plan

Another firm in the race to the bottom cutting rates!!!

Think they used to be a great firm in its day…then Turners took em over…say no more.

truckyboy:
Think they used to be a great firm in its day…then Turners took em over…say no more.

Different firm mate. This is Hargreaves with the green and silver tippers, not Hargrave international

Oh, ok mate, i stand corrected…but stand by my views…so i`m told.

If your in northeast few different contracts , walking floors and tippers . I was there 3 and a half year think there on £9.33 for 48 hours then 12.66 then 16quid b4 4 in the morning■■? :open_mouth: oooo :shock I was on the lafarge contract Newcastle -Glasgow- couldenlaw ( Staffordshire) they like there pound of flesh and also said here there is literally loads of RETARDS Workin there . Easy easy work half decent money with idiotic planners that are literally your son or daughter s age telling you wot to do and when. wot you after ■■?

Talking to a bloke on walking floors…reckoned he was on 22% and the truck was making 3 an half grand.

■■■■■■■ joke that hargreaves 9.33 per hour and overtimes after some hours waved bye and spun my wheels

If I was you keep well away. walking floors just do landfill all day everyday as subbies get all the good work if you can call it that. Tippers are flat out and planners just don’t listen under to much pressure from certain managers that still live in the past. You get treated like crap attitude down phone swore at and told just kick its c*nt in to get the job done. Expected at times to get minibus from Durham to Yorkshire on Monday then back on Friday but they don’t care about going over your spread over on a Friday. They seem to think they are this super company doing everything perfect but really just doing crap nobody else wants.