HAPPY St GEORGES DAY!

April 23rd is St Georges Day, as I will be out on the road I thought I’d send my greetings a little earlier, so…
…Happy St Georges day to all my fellow ex-pat Englishmen (and Englishwomen…must’nt forget to be PC!) …Wherever you are in the World.

Remember…There will always be an England and England will be free, there will always be an England…while there’s a CHELSEA! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

C’MON YOU BLUES!!! :wink:

And the very very same to you Cliff My dear Boy…

Jolly good show what… Chocks Away Biggles…

The Land of Hope And Glory…
Mother of the Free,
How shall we extol thee,
Who are born of thee?
Wider still and wider
Shall thy bounds be set;
God, who made thee mighty,
Make thee mightier yet.

Would all please rise…

God save our gracious Queen!
Long live our noble Queen!
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us.
God save the Queen!

O Lord our God arise.
Scatter her enemies,
And make them fall.
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks.
On thee our hopes we fix.
God save us all!

The choicest gifts in store.
On her be pleased to pour,
Long may she reign!
May she defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the Queen!

Happy St George’s Day

Same to all Mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi All,

Don’t know if you have heard this one or not, but, I’ll throw it out to you anyway.

An Englishman, a Scotsman, a Welshman and an Irish Man had all spent their early adult years working together on various building sites around Europe. By strange coincidence, they all shared the same birthdate.

As time went by, they went their seperate ways, but, had agreed to meet up with each other on their 50th birthday and introduce any children that they may have had. So, that day does eventually arrive, and, the Englishman is the first to rise to his feet;

“Meet my son George” says the Englishman. “I called him George because he was born on St. George’s day, and St. George is the Patron Saint of England.”

The Scotsman is next in line; “Meet my son, Andrew” the Scot proudly exclaimed. “I called him Andrew because he was born on St. Andrew’s day, and, St. Andrew is the Patron Saint of Scotland.”

Once he sat down, the Welshman took his turn; “Meet my son, David” Taff said with a big grin on his face. “I called him David beacuse he was born on St. David’s Day and St. David is the Patron Saint of Wales.”

Finally, Paddy stood up and said; "Meet my son…PANCAKE!

I guess that you can alter the word “Pancake” to “Groundhog” for the benefit of our American friends.

Cheers!

Jim.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: