Happy st.georges day!

To all :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

(About time it was declared a bank holiday :wink: )

Too right!

It is my birthday :smiley:

i thought it was the other week cos the town near me had all the flags out and signs in the window about it (i personally dont care, im not patriotic in the slightest, although would like another bank holiday!)

HAPPY St Georges day from an Irishman :sunglasses:

what a shame… im english and didnt even realise it was st geogres day. :blush: :blush:

Round some towns and cities you wouldn’t know it anyway, the St George cross may offend some parts of the community apparently :frowning: :frowning:

I haven’t met one Muslim, Sikh, Christian or anybody else that finds the English flag offensive.

I had no idea either, who was he anyway? The only flags I have seen have been the red cross ones, no union jack ones at all.

drew128:
I had no idea either, who was he anyway? The only flags I have seen have been the red cross ones, no union jack ones at all.

he was a Greek who joined the Roman army :wink: patron saint of several countries and of syphilis :wink:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George

Thanks for clearing that up Denis. I thought perhaps running a shell suit up a flag pole would show my Britt… sorry my Englishness.

The English Flag

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_England

The Union Flag

sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unionsflag … britannien

most think that the above is the British Flag (wrong) :confused: :open_mouth: :astonished: :smiley:

Looks like a red cross flag, not much of an effort gone into the design of that, its just the Danish flag inverted, total lack of imagination. I prefer the other one, bit more colour, should use that one more or just use the Welsh one which is a very good effort and as England owns them I am sure you can just use it without asking.

drew128:
Looks like a red cross flag, not much of an effort gone into the design of that, its just the Danish flag inverted, total lack of imagination. I prefer the other one, bit more colour, should use that one more or just use the Welsh one which is a very good effort and as England owns them I am sure you can just use it without asking.

Ahem :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

The Irish have Guinness & Beef Stew. The Scots have Whisky & Haggis, The Welsh have Rarebit & Lamb and what do we get? Dragons that taste of soot :stuck_out_tongue: