Happy days going abroad

DaveL:
Toby1234abc.
That would have been Alex Harper (RIP)

I think that Scanialady 142 on here used to be with Alix all the time, with regards to Tony Bradfields " Hot to Trot" Globetrotter it was originaly owned by Gazzer on here and was “The Joker” then ,it ended its days in Cherbourg when it caught fire.

bestbooties:
I only ever did Portugal once,and I was led to believe that the local truckers made many stops during the day for what was termed,“Coffee Pegaso”.Would this be the Coffee cognac■■?

Hullo Ian,
With regard to the coffee question I can only think of two options, although Ive not heard the expression myself. It could mean an expresso coffee, as many of the coffee machines were called Pegaso and were made in Italy. The other explanation that I can think of is Pegajoso, which means sticky ( maybe with lots of sugar ), I dont know. The Portuguese drivers very rarely drink, so I don`t think it was with a Cognac.
Cheers, Archie.

Some BI drivers mentioned coffee pegas,was a clear and very strong apperitf,and if you were suffering with food poisoning or had the “trots”,together with a strong expresso,it would kill the bugs in the guts,and act like a stomach cleaner.

toby1234abc:
Some BI drivers mentioned coffee pegas,was a clear and very strong apperitf,and if you were suffering with food poisoning or had the “trots”,together with a strong expresso,it would kill the bugs in the guts,and act like a stomach cleaner.

Hullo toby1234abc,
Im interested in learning more about this coffee pegas, or pegaso as was first mentioned. The nearest I can get to it in my quite limited Portuguese, is either Pegar ( to take) or as I said before Pegajoso ( sticky) . I cant ever recall seeing this drink for sale, but Im not in Portugal at the moment Im still in Brasil although the language here is still Portuguese. I shall be back in Portugal on Thursday and shall try to find out about this pegas ? I wonder what it looks like, smells like, or tastes like. What a boring old ■■■■ I am eh ? You think Id have something better to do with my time wouldnt you ? but I`m interested and I need to know the answer.
Cheers, Archie.

Pegas seemed to help with diarhroea.Good flight back to Portugal.Guess with Varig or TAP(Air Portugal).Was liking the foot high “franchesinas”,steak/ham/egg/salad/,you name it,everything in it from the kitchen,topped with piping hot spicy gravy.Keep you going for days!!!There are many Brazilian style restaurants in the shopping centers in Portugal,that semolina or rice dish with black sauce,green cabbage,fried,and meat that only comes from Brazil,like some rodent,but is very tasty.What is the animal called with this type of meal in Brazil?

toby1234abc:
Pegas seemed to help with diarhroea.Good flight back to Portugal.Guess with Varig or TAP(Air Portugal).Was liking the foot high “franchesinas”,steak/ham/egg/salad/,you name it,everything in it from the kitchen,topped with piping hot spicy gravy.Keep you going for days!!!There are many Brazilian style restaurants in the shopping centers in Portugal,that semolina or rice dish with black sauce,green cabbage,fried,and meat that only comes from Brazil,like some rodent,but is very tasty.What is the animal called with this type of meal in Brazil?

Hullo toby1234abc,
Thanks for the message, diarrhoea eh ?, I know a few people that could do with some of that then. The flight is with TAP this time although I do prefer TAM the Brasillian Airline, they look after you far better, but it will be nice to be back to the peace and quiet of Cascais once more. Back round all the usual Cafes and Restaraunts. for a couple of days then back to the UK. I like "Chimarrao" in Cascais Villa, a good Brasillian Restaraunt, Feijao Preto con Arroz, (Black Beans and Rice ), Farofa yoke (Semolina with crispy bits of meat in it ), Couve , ( Dark green Cabbage) and all types of meat Churrasco (Barbequed) As you so rightly say all very tasty . I cant think of any rodent type animal though.
Cheers, Archie.

A couple of photos i found at gaydon last week,My brother in law tony coming out of dover and a daf i went with him down to madrid :slight_smile: Happy days.
Keep on truckin mate :smiley:

RMC-GAZ:
A couple of photos i found at gaydon last week,My brother in law tony coming out of dover and a daf i went with him down to madrid :slight_smile: Happy days.
Keep on truckin mate :smiley:

Gaz
I was flicking through some photos on that stand you got the photos from.And i overheard your conversation.
It must of been a huge surprise to find these photos,also a sad one aswell to see happier times in the past.
A great find for and great to share with us.
Cheers
Tonyb

RMC-GAZ

Sorry to hear about your Brother in Law Tony

kerbut:
[

I think that Scanialady 142 on here used to be with Alix all the time, with regards to Tony Bradfields " Hot to Trot" Globetrotter it was originaly owned by Gazzer on here and was “The Joker” then ,it ended its days in Cherbourg when it caught fire.

kerbut

Bit late in reading this, and sorry to have to correct you mate, but Tony Bradfields Globetrotter was
previously owned by Davies of Southampton and not Gazza. I drove it from new for Busby Davies.
Here,s a photo of the two motors together. C789BPO became Hot to Trot
Regards…Tony

Archie Paice:

toby1234abc:

Hullo toby1234abc,
Im interested in learning more about this coffee pegas, or pegaso as was first mentioned. The nearest I can get to it in my quite limited Portuguese, is either Pegar ( to take) or as I said before Pegajoso ( sticky) . I cant ever recall seeing this drink for sale, but Im not in Portugal at the moment Im still in Brasil although the language here is still Portuguese. I shall be back in Portugal on Thursday and shall try to find out about this pegas ? I wonder what it looks like, smells like, or tastes like. What a boring old ■■■■ I am eh ? You think Id have something better to do with my time wouldnt you ? but I`m interested and I need to know the answer.
Cheers, Archie.

Hiya guys, Pegas,wot can i say,one little glass of pegas in the plane your taking back is all it needs to do the flight,it is aviation fuel,cleer,foul smelling and powerful.A lot of pegas was made in private stills.the more refined version is called aguidentine,not sure of the spelling. Oh so many years drinking and eating and other stuff,i think own part of Portugal,bring back those years,i would do 'em all over again… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Thanks Mappo, I stand corrected !!

Bestbooties
I did a lot of Portugal before I started going to the middle-east, and I sipped quite a few of those drinks that you mentioned!
It is an expresso coffee with a shot glass of Begaciera or Begasso. I think it is made by distilling grape skins. I used to pull in for one when I was falling of my perch late at night…you could get another 100k’s after a coffee begasso.
My favorite after dinner, was a coffee and Brandy Mel, a honey brandy,
GS

Hello Mappo,just to clear up a little bit of confusion, your old Volvo did become Hot To Trott, but number “2”.The first one was a “D” reg Volvo,& it burnt out in France.Tony had your old 1 quite a few years. Although Hot To Trott 2, his pet name for it was THE QUEEN,i drove it several times myself to Morocco.By the way Tony sends his regards,say your a" lovely ol boy"

Regards Will Bradfield. Tony’s nephew.

Hi Will

I bought this Scania 141 EPU 300T from Tony many years ago from the Ipswich area I seem to remember him telling me he had been on fridge work with it.

It had been one of R A Robinsons

Also it had suffered in an accident at some time!

Regards Pat

Will:
Hello Mappo,just to clear up a little bit of confusion, your old Volvo did become Hot To Trott, but number “2”.The first one was a “D” reg Volvo,& it burnt out in France.Tony had your old 1 quite a few years. Although Hot To Trott 2, his pet name for it was THE QUEEN,i drove it several times myself to Morocco.By the way Tony sends his regards,say your a" lovely ol boy"

Regards Will Bradfield. Tony’s nephew.

Hay Will,Your uncle clearly suffers from a bad memory loss,he did get the old right,but the lovely,mmmmmmmmmmm,never mind he’s aloud a couple of mistakes. any way please give your uncle my best regards,we had a lot of fun.from Stevie Holland… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hello Pat,Tony said to say hello,& to you Steve.I was just talking to Tony on the phone 5 minutes ago,as he was looking across at your yard enroute to Poole for the morning ferry to Spain.

Told him about the picture of the Scania he sold you,he said he remembers the deal well.Even the Merc you took him home in( & breakfast at yours).And the fact that you were a true gentleman to deal with.

The fact that he is not into computers is why i relay the messages to him,anyway if he was on here no work would be done & we can’t have that yet,can we !!!

Regards Will.