Hansons of Gt Harwood, Lancs

Worked for this co briefly in the seventies.

They were animal feed and a granary if I remember rightly, but also ran a fleet of Atkinsons with tandem axle tippers, shifting grain for part of the year and also going into ICI Winsford to collect road salt for various County Councils.

Also, they had just taken on a Magirus Deutz dealership and it all operated from one big yard.

It was a family firm but I can’t remember the individual names now but the son ran the dealership and he had sadly lost a leg to cancer in his mid-twenties (from a whack on the shin from a cricket ball).

They were great to work for and a great bunch of lads worked there, from the drivers to the mechanics

Shortly after I left I moved to the south coast so lost track.

Anybody out there can help? When I was leaving they were drawing up plans (I saw them) for a complete makeover with new buildings etc but this doesn’t seem to have happened. I think this would have been about '78.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hanson Feeds are at Victoria Mill Queen St Great Harwood.
Picture posted on a earlier thread by bob-lad in 2008 hope he wont mind me putting it on again.

Socketset:
Worked for this co briefly in the seventies.

They were animal feed and a granary if I remember rightly, but also ran a fleet of Atkinsons with tandem axle tippers, shifting grain for part of the year and also going into ICI Winsford to collect road salt for various County Councils.

Hanson by Gardner 8LXB, on Flickr