Hanson cement

Hi all, does anyone know owt about these Hanson jobs? Pay etc? And where in west yorks are the c+e jobs based?
Thanks ladies.

I had a look at their website as it was advertised earlier this year, and it doesn’t tell you a lot, despite them telling you to look there.

Ken.

Hanson cement. I assume you mean the tankers and curtains job? Well in Stamford you get ya days jpb when u turn up for work so only then will you know if you’re out that night. But as u cab hop you have to take ur kit with you everyday. They route you 12 hrs a day and are 100% legal. Money is betwern 32 and 34k

West yorks will probably be Clitheroe, tanks and curtainside work. 12hrs 45min work day, all the drivers there have just gone on to shifts including weekends, a lot of them have there own dedicated truck, they have just had a pay rise so not sure of exact money but is around £35000 27 days holiday

Sure it was Hanson cement and not quarries ? I’ve been told they are employing drivers on tippers working out of their own quarries. Most unusual, most quarries have been using sub contractors and owner drivers for years.
The drivers I heard about we’re from Wigan.
Jim

Apparently they have brought a large number of renault 8-wheeler tippers to run out of there quarry, mainly with insulated bodies. I also heard that they brought a number of daf concrete mixer

Which quarry jj ? I live and work near one of their quarries and I’m intrigued.
Nosey as well
Jim

According to the ashpalt plant in the south east they are having a few placed in their yards to run out

Not surprised, when the quarries had their own vehicles it kept the rates up for the O/D’s and contractors and it became open season for rate chopping (apart from RMC/CEMEX who retained their own fleet) until eventually they have fewer trucks to call on. Maybe more firms will do similar?

Pete.

All of the Hanson driving vacancies are here

hansonjobs.com/latest.php

Class 1 and 2 tippers also mixers, tippers will have insulated bodies to do asphalt as well as aggregate.
I know from 1st May MPQ are taking over the running of 4 asphalt plants in the midlands area so they may be doing most of the asphalt from
Clee Hill, Baston fen, Billing and St Ives when it reopens.

Afraid it won’t be the cement tanks in west Yorks but they are recruiting for the tanks at Ketton and Clitheroe as far as I am aware.
You work three saturdays in ten with days off in week and one four day weekend.
12h45 shifts no reduced rests +/- £36000 & £36 tax free night out money.
CPC and IAM all done in house too us licence renewals medicals etc all paid for.
Steady number!

You say they have a depot at Stamford? Looked on the site it says Huntingdon, which is a little out the way for me but for 36k + n/o sounds good to me.

They have bought new Daf mixers…
Rates for driving sleeper cab mixer out of York was just under tenner a hour…6am-6pm this included bonus for looking after truck/customers…22 quid night out money…

MPQC/EPIC card - another qualification? phunk sake!!

I’ve just applied for most of the Jobs in Liverpool. Kinda hoping having the DCPC will give me a bit of a boost. But its a shot in the dark tbh.

It’s an easy job on the 8 wheelers guys, been doing it for almost 7 years, plenty of unnecessary miles done due to the rubbish planning system they call the optimizer.

We don’t tent to get another load after 14.30 very often so can be parked up at base for 15:30 - 16:30 most days.

I’m not an owner driver though so I don’t mind that. :slight_smile:

shortfatbaldbloke:
It’s an easy job on the 8 wheelers guys, been doing it for almost 7 years, plenty of unnecessary miles done due to the rubbish planning system they call the optimizer.

We don’t tent to get another load after 14.30 very often so can be parked up at base for 15:30 - 16:30 most days.

Where you based at?

NewLad:

shortfatbaldbloke:

Where you based at?

I’m based at Barton Quarry but can be sent anywhere, it’s not unusual to end up at Baston Fen, Earls Barton or Needingworth.

1st tip tomorrow is Billing so could end up with the black stuff for somewhere.

JFC999:
Sure it was Hanson cement and not quarries ? I’ve been told they are employing drivers on tippers working out of their own quarries. Most unusual, most quarries have been using sub contractors and owner drivers for years.
The drivers I heard about we’re from Wigan.
Jim

Correct, they’ve bought a load of tippers and are trying that, as they finally realised the sh*t their offering to Owner Drivers/Subbies is not worth the paper its written on. Also, as seems to be the case with all the quarries atm, they want to manage their fleet (Trucks under certain age, spec and so on) and are meeting a lot of resistance.

How do you get on there tippers or Mixers?

They have a depot in ketton which is 2 miles from stamford. You have a test on regulations and road signs and must get 68%. Then interview then driving assesment. Mine was only 30 mins as he had no worries. Didnt get the job though as 3 other blokes scores highrr then me in the tests. Monthly pay
Well thats what happened when I went for it but it may well have changed