Hanging up my truck keys

Prince Caluminia of the province district Wigamammas would gladly accept funds to pay for my cats funeral in Comebacktwo, as its or was a Royal cat imported from Nigeria,strict Customs law prevent the burial, the cost will be £ 5496 to transfer to another town, all bank cards excepted in to the Cayman Islands account.

Well done Toby, good luck with your new profession. I hope all goes well for you.

Prep list prior to take off, walk under fuselage to check for bullet holes.
Kick all the tyres to check pressure.
Check for dead ducks and geese in the engine intake.
Strap down the load with nets and straps .

Post flight debrief after landing, urinate on the wheels to cool them down .
Loosen all the straps for the next throttle jockey .
Put more bullet holes in the fuselage .
Drain off fuel to put in my van.
Replace ducks and geese in the engines .
Smear axle grease on the joystick for the agency pilot , spill coffee on the instrument panel, break the sat nav , change all the radio frequencies so he gets lost in the fog .
Adjust the seat, reinstate the limp mode on auto pilot switch to get home Friday night mode .

I’m told that opium-induced hallucinations can be frighteningly real. Seriously though, best of luck from all your old mates on the balcony. :confused:

He’s been watching catch me if you can :unamused:

This is your Captain speaking, could all passengers fasten seat belts while I loop the loop over the Bay of Biscay in order to test the engines for a malfunctioning display, thank you please, think of the children .

pete-b:
He’s been watching catch me if you can :unamused:

More likely to be this.
google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc … VeauIqngDg

Eehhhh?! You lost me Toby :laughing: very good :laughing:

Just goes to show…YOU CANT KID A KIDDER Toby…but a nice thought or dream but also a good job in transport will keep your feet on the ground and not your nose in the air. :smiley: :smiley:

To be absolutely honest i do not relive you, however when i worked for W H BOWKER Bamber Bridge Preston There was one man there his first name was Geof, and he did have his helicopters licence, and he did take Mr Bowker up for a flight over his house ,he always had to get so many flying hours in over a certain period to keep his licence valid. and found it difficult as we were away a lot…as drivers…

Pilots have to keep their selves current or they can lose their licence entitlement.Along time ago bus drivers had to drive once every 6 months if they were away from the trade to keep their entitlement.

peggydeckboy:
To be absolutely honest i do not relive you, however when i worked for W H BOWKER Bamber Bridge Preston There was one man there his first name was Geof, and he did have his helicopters licence, and he did take Mr Bowker up for a flight over his house ,he always had to get so many flying hours in over a certain period to keep his licence valid. and found it difficult as we were away a lot…as drivers…

We used to meet Bowkers boys and Trowbridge around the markets when I was on for Yardleys of Leeds in the sixties. They had a yard not far from us in Clapham, Albert Square I think it was… not east enders. :slight_smile: Ours was in Fentiman Rd near the Oval.

Hi petram the 1960s, 30 years before my Bowkers time, they are still going as a Family company.but not European doing now

.i was in Aussie in the 1960s the best of times .

i know they used to deliver fruit from LIVERPOOL DOCKS i have seen the photographs as i was from the midlands i was lucky to get a start with them they would only recruit from BLACKBURN or PRESTON BACK then ,however realised others could do the job and set me on…the best firm i ever worked for and i did a lot of firms…enjoy your cold winter !

Maybe I was thinking of Liverpool :blush: As for our cold winter… it’s just started cooling down in the last couple of days after a long hot summer.

Course it wasn’t Liverpool, I never went to Liverpool on Yardleys. Now I’ve got meself really confused, maybe it was the garden.

peggydeckboy:

I didn’t know we had someone with a helicopter licence? Unless it was after I left in 2001

yes defiantly there was, he took Mr BOWKER up for a flight around his home,[in the sky ,not his home] i knew him quite well as with all the other lads did.

Hi 240 Gardener i finished at Bowkers 2002 ,i had a rear end accident on the m6 staffs ,someone hitting me?i was on road trains…