hanging meat transport ( international )

Hi All

Posted this in the euro forum and was advised to put on here, so here goes.

Requesting info and pictures of the hanging meat haulier’s from the UK to Europe I did all the usual
Haunts to Rungis etc and would like to hear from you guy’s with your memoirs and experiences.

Thanks In Advance,
Jake

Jake Brake picture taken at the side of my house circa 1969 Maguire’s Mandator carrying swinging beef.
Bill Redhead is the driver and three of the four children pictured are mine, far right Andrew (now 45)
Little girl Joanne (40) 2nd from left Gareth (43) and on the left Jamie Lindley. I have been friends with Bill
for about 44 years, met him when he was Trade Plating. I picked him up some where near Startford on Avon
and dropped him in Coventry, for the next few weeks i could not go round a bend or roundabout with out
seeing Bill with his trade plates stuck out and we became firm friends and still are to this day. Bill drove
this Mandator for Paddy Maguire, notice the tiny sleeper cab. regards Big Al

Not international hanging meat,just Maltby to Ipswich.He got as far as the M18 and over she went,no injuries - well only to his pride.Apologies for the pic quality,scanned from the Rotherham Advertiser 1996.

nice one dad used to drive for hattons got some excellent photos of that era as soon as ican work out how to post them

rungis market. i was on hanging meat for years. european markets were ok ,but 15 drops on smithfield could be a nightmare. the porters trying to keep a few lambs for themselves.

rungis again

dusseldorf market

smithfield market

I had some good pics of Parky,s from Preston, and Virginia from county cavan, both of whom I pulled for, but the ex god bless her binned the lot when we split up

BRIGHTON MEAT MARKET ABOUT 1988

en route to amsterdam to load frozen orange juice for hartlepool after tipping lambs at dusseldorf

I did a bit of that way back then…the companies i worked for at the time were. S.A.S. out of bromley and Wally Eldridge out of silvertown…did all the normal markets Smithfield…Rungis etc…thats when it was a pleisure to go to work.