handtrans

Don’t ever work for handtrans in immingham the owners soon is a complete ■■■■ they make you work 2 weeks in hand and when u hand in your notice they will try every trick in the book to fiddle you out of your money there trying to take my wages saying I owe them for training which they haven’t any written agreement or contract that I’ve signed agreeing to those terms they think me driving and loading up trailers 10 hrs a day on the dock with a other driver was training and I owe them money for doing 50hrs work lol just a warning for other people

I take that to mean you see haven’t got your pay, was the other driver with you all the time for 2 weeks?

No he was with me for the first week I was there in Jan but I’ve all ready been paid for that week at a reduced rate I’m owed two weeks wages I did the first two weeks with no pay and got paid at the end of the 3rd week for my first week I did if you no what I mean so I’m always 2 weeks behind

Off to the small claims court as long as you are sure you didn’t sign anything to say that you agreed to deductions of pay for training if you left within a set period of start of employment. As far as i know it is an offence to make deductions from pay unless the payee has agreed.

Nope I defo haven’t signed a thing the only paper work I’ve ever had off them to me was a pay slip that is all

I’ve heard some horror stories about companies getting people to work unpaid 10 hour shifts as “assessments”, but charging you for supposed “training” is something else, especially if all you did was go with another driver for a week.

Surely it would be considered to be dangerous if they sent someone on the road, alone, who they considered not to be fully trained? Surely they wouldn’t send you out on your own if you weren’t trained, so saying that you owe them for training is rubbish. It sounds to me that they’re trying to scare you off by saying that you “owe” them for “training”, just so you panic and back-off pursuing the wages that you’re entitled to.

As long as you’re absolutely positive that you didn’t sign anything, seek legal advice. Call their bluff, and send a letter stating that you want your wages you’re entitled to, and if you don’t get them within a couple of weeks, then you will be taking legal action. You could ask them for an invoice for the “training”, and have a good laugh at what they are trying to do you for!

Another surely, but surely they can’t just say “you owe us for training, so we’re not giving you your wages”, there must be a sum, agreed upon for this “training”? If you haven’t agreed to it, it’s bang out of order, so send them a letter, telling them they’ll be on Judge Rinder if they don’t pay you :imp:

Ye I defo did not sign anything what so ever and I did an assessment drive which turned into a 15hr day but that dint bother me so much as I’m a new pass and no one else would give me a chance but I start my new job on Monday which is a proper cushdy number

I went with a other driver for a week on the doc I did all the driving and we both got loads ready so I worked as hard as him and did 10hr days and I got a paid a reduced wage for that week now they saying it was training and I owe them for the training they provided just a joke and trying to con me I wouldn’t of left but was on salary and then they started to max my ours out every day so when I worked it out I was on £6.88 a our and I was not willing to drive a class 1 for that kind of money not a chance