Hands free in volvo fm 2012

Anyone know how to connect phone to handfree in volvo fm 2012. I have an answer button etc on the steering wheel but I’m clueless on what to do

Just because there are phone buttons on the steering wheel doesn’t necessarily mean you can connect your own phone via Bluetooth etc. They may simply be designed to operate an optional hardwired built-in cabphone. Our old 2009 Dafs were just like that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ergot2005:
Anyone know how to connect phone to handfree in volvo fm 2012. I have an answer button etc on the steering wheel but I’m clueless on what to do

Its done via the radio. Right ball ache as well.

msgyorkie:

Ergot2005:

Its done via the radio. Right ball ache as well.

Actual buttons on the radio or through the dash menu ■■

Roymondo good point but dafs ain’t no volvos haha only pulling your leg I’ll keep it in mind when I try again tomorrow

I suppose the simplest answer is to RTFM…

Roymondo:

I could RTFM but I’m sat in my hot tub bollock naked and I ain’t moving for at least another hour. Plus my truck is a good 20 miles away so I thought I would save some time in the morning and ask you happy souls for some guidance so I could link it and get on with my day…

Or the second answer

I’m just a truck driver manuals are beyond my comprehension I’m pretty stupid and struggle to read and write so thought I’d ask for a simple answer on here…

I cant remember offhand the sequence but you go through the radio menu. Looking for the Bluetooth submenu. It took about 10-15 attempts before I got hooked up.

Ergot2005:

Roymondo:

I could RTFM but I’m sat in my hot tub bollock naked and I ain’t moving for at least another hour. Plus my truck is a good 20 miles away so I thought I would save some time in the morning and ask you happy souls for some guidance so I could link it and get on with my day…

Or the second answer

I’m just a truck driver manuals are beyond my comprehension I’m pretty stupid and struggle to read and write so thought I’d ask for a simple answer on here…

IKWYM - but IME it often really is easier and simpler to RTFM. Respondents here will half remember most of the procedure but fail to mention that one simple step that stops it working at all, or will point you at the wrong sub-menu leaving you scratching your head or simply writing the whole job off as being too much trouble, whereas starting from scratch and following the instructions in TFM step-by-step gets it all going smoothly.

Check to see if it has the Bluetooth logo on the radio, if so good.

Press menu, scroll down to hands free,then down 1 to add phone, press add phone, will show your phone, accept Volvo truck on your phone, should then work…
Doesn’t download your contacts, will just ring and display number on dash. Unlike the V4, which does, contacts and allows you to use steering wheel controls.

biggriffin:
Check to see if it has the Bluetooth logo on the radio, if so good.

Press menu, scroll down to hands free,then down 1 to add phone, press add phone, will show your phone, accept Volvo truck on your phone, should then work…
Doesn’t download your contacts, will just ring and display number on dash. Unlike the V4, which does, contacts and allows you to use steering wheel controls.

Fantastic thank you

As above, but don’t forget to have Bluetooth on your phone switched on before you start. Also you need to make sure that it is visible to other devices, ie, the truck system. Otherwise the vehicle system won’t be able to find your phone.
It is a P I T A but once you’re in its pretty good.
My 2010 FM would operate the phone via the steering wheel controls, but then, even at 65, I am a technological God.

It also depends if the truck was specified with Bluetooth phone kit. Lots of trucks have Bluetooth phone preparation but doesn’t mean it has Bluetooth capabilities, just the presence of steering wheel buttons does not mean it has the full kit fitted although it could if it was specified or an demo truck or stock truck spec.

Our 15 plate DAF rigids have phone buttons as do our 17 plate merc units but neither work for Bluetooth phone calls. But the 17 plates support Bluetooth streaming for music but that’s all.

For the best chance of getting connected you should delete all other phones first

Deleting all Phones
The purpose of this process is to delete all phones
from the phone list in the radio.
1 Push the “MENU” button.
2 Push Up button or Down button until “Hands Free” is displayed.
3 Push the “OK” button to enter the Hands Free sub menu.
4 Push Up button or Down button until “Edit Phone” is displayed.
5 Push the “OK” button to enter the Edit phone sub menu.
6 Push Up button or Down button until “Delete All” is displayed.
7 Push the “OK” button to delete all phones.
8 The display will show “Are U sure?”. Push the “OK” button to verify.

Bluetooth Activation
The purpose of this process is to make a Bluetooth
connection possible.
2 Push Up button or Down button until “Hands
Free” is displayed.
3 Push the “OK” button to enter the Hands Free sub menu.
4 Push the “OK” button to activateBluetooth.
When Bluetooth is active, the display shows
an icon.

Adding a Phone
The purpose of this process is to make a connection
between the radio and a phone as well as to add a
phone to the radio phone list, in which the radio can
store up to 16 different phones.

2 Push Up button or Down button until “Hands
Free” is displayed.
3 Push the “OK” button to enter the Hands Free
sub menu.
4 Push Up button or Down button until “Add
phone” is displayed.
5 Push the “OK” button to initiate the phone
connection.

The radio will now do a search for a blue tooth phone.
This is indicated by the Bluetooth icon blinking. Note
that the phone must be in a corresponding connecting
state during this process. When a connection is
established, the user will be prompted to enter a code
on the phone. Enter code 0000 to verify connection.