Hands free - Another benefit?

With the introduction of the mobile phone ban, when mobile, unless hands free I finally got round to getting a proper headset (boom mike and hooked ear piece). Along with being forced into reading further into the handbook that comes with the phone I can now receive calls without touching the phone (auto answer after 1 ring) and make calls with voice tags. :sunglasses:

A benefit of this legislation is itā€™s forcing me to look more at what the features of the phone can do for me above just talking to people. :open_mouth: :laughing: Must be a man thing!!! :blush:

Yep, definatly a man thingā€¦
ā€œIf it dont work or if all else failsā€¦ Read the manual!!ā€ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That must have been a clue, Itā€™s a manual. :laughing:

Wiretwister:
That must have been a clue, Itā€™s a manual. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The main benifit for me is that I now have an excuse for ignoring the ruddy thing when the office ring. :open_mouth: :laughing: :smiley: .

Man thing? Shall I take offence at that?

As a former IT systems engineer, I personally, have a nice new Nokia phone with a bluetooth wire-free headset that works up to 10 meters from the phone. I have voice dials (including Sally Travel) and use them.

Man thing? I doubt it.

Of course, the one I give to the office is the old phone, which is pay and go, and has a wire handsfree, which I hardly use for anything except work. If they call when Iā€™m on the move, they can wait until Iā€™m stopped. Personal calls on the other hand :wink: they can get answered on the move in complete legal safety.

the cab phones a peice of crap nokia.

but even with hands free i have to press the button to use it!!!

but cbā€™s are still ok to use,whats the diffrence?

jon

The point is, that CB is a minority interest.
A CB is hands free unless you say something.

A mobile in a cradle, or fixed in place somehow is fine. All you do is press one button and talk hands free. Itā€™s been mobiles and mobile related crashes that have hit the news.

Governments donā€™t legislate on things theyā€™ve never heard of.

And that way Allikat keeps her hands free for a touch of head scratching

I have to say that Iā€™ve taken quite quickly to ignoring itā€™s incessant ringing. I have noticed though that the people in the office have not taken much notice of the new law since they ring and ring and as soon as it drops the line they ring again.

allikat:
Man thing? Shall I take offence at that?

As a former IT systems engineer, I personally, have a nice new Nokia phone with a bluetooth wire-free headset that works up to 10 meters from the phone. I have voice dials (including Sally Travel) and use them.

Man thing? I doubt it.

Of course, the one I give to the office is the old phone, which is pay and go, and has a wire handsfree, which I hardly use for anything except work. If they call when Iā€™m on the move, they can wait until Iā€™m stopped. Personal calls on the other hand :wink: they can get answered on the move in complete legal safety.

Why would you take offence Alli? I bought the phone with the sole need to be able to talk to people. Then my children introduce me to text, a foriegn language to me, and this piece of legislation drags me kicking and screeaming into finding out what other facilities are on offer. Perhaps technophobe would have been the more accurate description I should have applied but Iā€™m puzzled as to why you would take offence to my application of a male stereotype.

I was joking about being offended.

Well done on working past your technophobia. :slight_smile:

Keep at it mate.

Willy Gofar:
I have to say that Iā€™ve taken quite quickly to ignoring itā€™s incessant ringing. I have noticed though that the people in the office have not taken much notice of the new law since they ring and ring and as soon as it drops the line they ring again.

I set mine on vibrate Willy and answer it/ring back when I stop. Mobile phones and myself donā€™t have a very good track record. Especially if they ring and ring. They tend to end up in a ditch at the side of the road :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :wink: . The office know that by now and only ring me once. They know Iā€™ll ring back when I can. If they want me to answer on the move then they can buy me a hands free kit.

allikat:
I was joking about being offended.

Well done on working past your technophobia. :slight_smile:

Keep at it mate.

Seems I hit the humour filter at the same time. :blush: :laughing:

TheBigOne:
I set mine on vibrate Willy ā€¦

How did that one get past the mod :smiley: :smiley:

What a difference a , makes

:laughing: :laughing:

cheers
STEVE.

Calv:

TheBigOne:
I set mine on vibrate Willy ā€¦

How did that one get past the mod :smiley: :smiley:

:question: :question: :unamused: :question: :question: .