Handing in Digital Tacho printout?

Sorry if this has already been covered…

I will keep it brief…

Do you hand in Digital printouts?

I worked for a firm two weeks ago and they downloaded the info from the card at the debrief, at which time I asked if they required the printout. They said they didn’t. At the time I thought it was strange, but I just thought different firms, different ways of working.
The firm I worked at last week downloaded the info, they made a point of telling me that I must hand the printouts in the set time (21 days)

Thanks for any help…

There is no legal requirement, under normal operation, to take a print out so consequently there is also no legal requirement to hand them in. The first firm are correct, the second are confused.

I thought the same.

Thanks for confirming.

Regards

A printout is only required if you have stuffed a manual entry up or need to enter an explanation of going over hours (accident etc)
Then you would hand the printout in at the same time your card gets downloaded .

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:07 am Post subject:

A printout is only required if you have stuffed a manual entry up or need to enter an explanation of going over hours (accident etc)
Then you would hand the printout in at the same time your card gets downloaded .

Correct Paul, and I also print off a second copy for my own records in case the originals are ‘lost’ in the traffic office :wink:

As Neil said, there is no need to take printouts from digital tachos as a matter of course, you will need to take them for the following reasons;

You exceed driving time due to an unforseen event eg, accident on a motorway and you are stuck in the queue behind it. When you get to the first available parking, take printout and write reason on printout.

Your driver card is; damaged / malfunctioing or not in your possession (stolen / lost). Take a 24hr VU printout at the start of your shift write on it your full name and either your driver licence number or your driver card number and sign it. Continue on with your day using mode switch on VU as required. At end of day take another 24hr VU printout ans add your name, card / licence number and signature.

If it all stops working, make a manual record on the reverse of a piece of printer roll.

All of the above are manadatory records and should be kept by the driver and produced when requested by VOSA / Police. Production period is; current week and 15 calendar days prior to current week. This changes on 1st January 2008 to current day and previous 28.

I always take two printouts (when needed) one goes to the Operator after the ‘production period’ the other is safely stored at home just in case ‘their’ copy is ‘lost.’

Some firms often ask for a printout at the end of your shift, particularly if you’re agency. It’s their paper and money, so take the printout and hand it over, not really an issue.

If you take a printout during the day, for example to see how much driving you have done in relation to breaks, then you can keep this printout if you wish or hand it in, up to you.

Have a safe journey

The digi-tacho if used correctly is a blessing
however,IF you repeatedly forget to PRESS T
THE BLOODY BUTTON is is downright dangerous
i know this machine has been going since last year but
not for me it hasn,t and my printout from TUES- WEDS
IS one that i wish i could lose, still they do say practise
makes one perfect, I do hope so■■?

browmbear1:
Sorry if this has already been covered…

I will keep it brief…

Do you hand in Digital printouts?

I worked for a firm two weeks ago and they downloaded the info from the card at the debrief, at which time I asked if they required the printout. They said they didn’t. At the time I thought it was strange, but I just thought different firms, different ways of working.
The firm I worked at last week downloaded the info, they made a point of telling me that I must hand the printouts in the set time (21 days)

if you drive allways the same Lorry is the Data in Tacho stored.
BUT,if not must you keep the printout like tachocharts,and you have to hand it your Agency in,as they havent acces to the many Tachos you may use.
Yep,and the data on your Card is just 28 days on,but its a leagel requirement to keep a record for one year.=As said,in the Tacho is it one Year,if you drive just one Vehicle

Thanks for any help…

Lovlyperson:
Yep,and the data on your Card is just 28 days on,but its a leagel requirement to keep a record for one year.

But it isn’t your responsibility, it is down to the operator and if they don’t download the data before it gets over written it is their problem and not yours.

As Agencyworker may you work for more Companies.and if not,may you still be with differend Vehicle on the way.the Data,downloaded from your Card by the one cant check the other,and Data from Vehicle sorting by drivers is hard work,as well as Asda may not give Data to sainsbury,or wherever the Officer is to check if you are legal

Lovlyperson wrote;

.the Data,downloaded from your Card by the one cant check the other

Anybody can download a driver card provided they have the correct smart card reader and software to ‘open’ the file. The driver card file is the whole content of the card so if you drive for one company on Monday they can check what you have done previously. Another company could check your card Tuesday and see what you did Monday and all the previous days, up to the storage limit on the card.

It is said that the limit is 28 (average) days. If you don’t have many activity changes during a day then you will get more ‘days’ on your card. We have drivers with 50+ days on their cards :open_mouth:

i am double manned and we have to hand in printouts for the digi tacho because the co driver cant record a break while the other drives only a poa,so it has to be done manualy on the back of the printout. anyone else have to do this?

geebee45:
Lovlyperson wrote;

.the Data,downloaded from your Card by the one cant check the other

Anybody can download a driver card provided they have the correct smart card reader and software to ‘open’ the file. The driver card file is the whole content of the card so if you drive for one company on Monday they can check what you have done previously. Another company could check your card Tuesday and see what you did Monday and all the previous days, up to the storage limit on the card.

It is said that the limit is 28 (average) days. If you don’t have many activity changes during a day then you will get more ‘days’ on your card. We have drivers with 50+ days on their cards :open_mouth:

Thats a Copy of @ i got
"When using digital tachograph there is no need to take a print out unless you are diving a vehicle with an analogue tachograph.

You need to keep analogue records for current week plus last 15 calendar days.

You must keep original printout when using analogue vehicles."

NOW,the Law changes and you need the Current Day+28 previous Days.
As the Card just stores Data of 28 days gets the first Day overwritten during the Current Day.You will also only have the Current Day+27 previous Days.
MEANS: with changing of Law MUST all Drivers have the Printouts with him.
understandable?
NO :question:
if you start today your Card can you work 28 days and Officer can read the Data from your Card.
BUT
today,on the Current Day can the officer just read the previous 27 Days in adicion of today,as the first Day gets during today overwritten.
Isn’t it that way :question:

JDB:
i am double manned and we have to hand in printouts for the digi tacho because the co driver cant record a break while the other drives only a poa,so it has to be done manualy on the back of the printout. anyone else have to do this?

I thought POA was regarded as a rest period so no need to record breaks … or have I got that wrong ?, or is this just your comanys rule.

Lovlyperson:
NOW,the Law changes and you need the Current Day+28 previous Days.
As the Card just stores Data of 28 days gets the first Day overwritten during the Current Day.You will also only have the Current Day+27 previous Days.
MEANS: with changing of Law MUST all Drivers have the Printouts with him.
understandable?
NO :question:
if you start today your Card can you work 28 days and Officer can read the Data from your Card.
BUT
today,on the Current Day can the officer just read the previous 27 Days in adicion of today,as the first Day gets during today overwritten.
Isn’t it that way :question:

No, the card doesn’t necessarily get written over after 28 days, the data on the card will not be over written until the card is full and this will depend on the amount of daily activity data written, I can still access data on my card from last December (approximately 95 calendar days), the card will hold a minimum of 28 days data.

The 28 days rule begins 1st January 2008.

tachograph:

JDB:

I thought POA was regarded as a rest period so no need to record breaks … or have I got that wrong ?, or is this just your comanys rule.

not to sure, maybe it’s the company that checks the tachos has asked for this.