Hand

Hi all.

I had to stop hgv driving due to medical issues.

I’ve managed to keep my hgv licence.
The issue is, I have to use hand controls to drive my personal van.

Anyone know if any companies have drivers that in same boat?

Many thanks.

Minefield. Have you notified Swansea that you need hand controls? Have you thought about getting into the cab? Just my thoughts.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Minefield. Have you notified Swansea that you need hand controls? Have you thought about getting into the cab? Just my thoughts.

Yes of course mate, they fully aware. In and out be fine bud. I am mobile so no issues there.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

bazdub:

Many thanks.

Reed Boardall instantly come to mind.

I met an artic driver at TPN at Minworth who only had one arm, a year or so ago. He told me he’d lost the other one in a motorcycle accident. I offered to help him with his curtains as it was a ferociously windy day and he had a decker but he said no, it’s fine. But he obviously had a one-handed truck if that info is any use to you.

Conor:

bazdub:

Many thanks.

Could you expand bud?

Harry Monk:
I met an artic driver at TPN at Minworth who only had one arm, a year or so ago. He told me he’d lost the other one in a motorcycle accident. I offered to help him with his curtains as it was a ferociously windy day and he had a decker but he said no, it’s fine. But he obviously had a one-handed truck if that info is any use to you.

, what is a 'one-handed truck ’ ■■?.

gingo:

Harry Monk:

, what is a 'one-handed truck ’ ■■?.

A truck that you can drive with one hand.

Conor:

bazdub:

Many thanks.

Not sure if it is the same company as mentioned here, but remember seeing an article about a company who had a truck specifically adapted for a driver that was disabled, can’t remember the details but at least a hoist was fitted to the truck for him to be able to get in and out. Can’t for the life of remember the full details or find the article.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:

Conor:

bazdub:

Many thanks.

Not sure if it is the same company as mentioned here, but remember seeing an article about a company who had a truck specifically adapted for a driver that was disabled, can’t remember the details but at least a hoist was fitted to the truck for him to be able to get in and out. Can’t for the life of remember the full details or find the article.

Wow thats amazing. They must have thought a lot of that driver.

bazdub:

Conor:

Could you expand bud?

They’ve had a few disabled drivers working for them over the years although driven to some extent by need as whilst I didn’t really find them bad to work for they did used to have a reputation some time ago which they struggled to shake off.

You don’t say where you live, they’re at Boroughbridge in North Yorkshire but they do have lorries based around the UK. Currently hiring.

simcor:

Conor:

bazdub:

Many thanks.

Used to occasionally have a container delivery into our place by a driver who used a wheelchair. He had a hoist to lower himself/the chair to the ground. He would thank anyone who offered to help with the back doors etc but was quite capable of doing it unaided. The unit had hand controls for accelerator and brake.

Haven’t seen him for 5 years or more though.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

youtu.be/-9oTd_kuq8Y

just make sure you put the handbrake on when you get a job… :wink:

p.s no offence meant to the o/p…

Found this.
youtube.com/watch?v=2iEaieq … eflatlands

SWEDISH BLUE:
Found this.
youtube.com/watch?v=2iEaieq … eflatlands

i personaly could not be arsed with all that hassle just to drive a lorry… :neutral_face: