Hand your keys in driver

I am getting well peed off by having to hand my ignition key to any odd bod on loading bays. Once again HEALTH and SAFETY gone mad. :imp: :imp:
How do I secure my vehicle when I go to the loo, how do I operate my windows… :question: :question: I understand why they ask but there are other ways of making sure the vehicle cannot move… :imp: :imp: :imp:

Get another key cut :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: then no probs handing in your key :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Smee:
I am getting well peed off by having to hand my ignition key to any odd bod on loading bays. Once again HEALTH and SAFETY gone mad. :imp: :imp:
How do I secure my vehicle when I go to the loo, how do I operate my windows… :question: :question: I understand why they ask but there are other ways of making sure the vehicle cannot move… :imp: :imp: :imp:

Have a read of this thread if you haven’t already.

just carry a bunch of old keys.

WHY can they not use either a wheel-
clamp system or even a automatic
wheel-chock system which operates
when the trailer is on the back of the
ramp, or again by takeing the air-lines
off and fitting a locking system so they
can not be used until removed,
This would allow a driver to take a break
and be rested when doing DROPS
at the places where the take the keys of you,

Coca Cola East kilbride have a very basic system they put a big two poster sign on a blue pallet in front of your cab ! with a big sign saying stay in your cab !

Fallmonk:
Coca Cola East kilbride have a very basic system they put a big two poster sign on a blue pallet in front of your cab ! with a big sign saying stay in your cab !

What happens if you need to use the loo? :blush: :open_mouth:

PaulJC79:

Fallmonk:

Crap on the pallet and they will wheel it away for you when you are ready to leave. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

PaulJC79:

Fallmonk:

Crap on the pallet and they will wheel it away for you when you are ready to leave. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

FPMSL :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

WHY can they not use either a wheel-
clamp system or even a automatic
wheel-chock system which operates
when the trailer is on the back of the
ramp

Some places do this,but not many,and I would think the cost of implementing a system,would be too expensive,hence why most ask for your keys instead.

But I agree with some posts about the security of your vehicle,should you need to leave it unattended for any length of time.What I ask,if they start getting shirty,is for the supervisor or site manager,and ask them the question of who is going to replace anything that gets stolen,and have yet to get a satisfactory answer.

Ken.

PaulJC79:

Fallmonk:

Well you cant use the ash tray now can you ? lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

del949:

Exactly, it only a placebo effect anyway.

DAFMAD:

del949:

Up comes the green light, and you drive off, forgetting to collect
your ‘keys’ :blush: :blush:

thought i was clever one day and took my fuel cap keys off and handed them in so i could listen to the radio and lock the cab to go to the canteen, when i was tipped i left them there didn’t realise till i got back to yard luckily my dad was taking over from me going to same place in the night, they were not happy.

206doorman:

DAFMAD:

del949:

whats wrong with that :question: :question: just means when you go next time tell them they have your keys already :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

206doorman:

DAFMAD:

del949:

Umm don’t know any places that you haven’t got to collect your papers first. Next time try writing yourself a note and stick it on the dash.

More stupid talk…Just hang over you keys and shut up…The loaders safety is far more important than your little quibbles…

If you need to go inside for a long period…hide away any real valuables…or the weather changes …simply and politely ask if you can have you keys back to lock the cab… shut or open windows…I’ve never been told no…(even when they are hanging on the back of the bay door)…it’s all about good manners and the right approach…

Pulling you emergency line off for the lock…is not always convenient due to those that are fixed in the middle of the trailer front…(maybe it’s too busy an operation)…to drop trailers… + Trusting drivers to apply the parking brake…is no guarantee…

Asking for the key’s… is no sure guarantee but…a least they remove an element of liabilty from themselves…and generally it does work…

From now on I am going to ask them to sign a note on company paper that they take ALL responsibility for the vehicle and its security, lets see how that goes down… :imp: :imp:

not sure about little quibbles.
If I take the keys out of the ignition then the alarm sets after 30 secs.
ANY movement in the cab after that sets off the alarm, as does opening the door etc.
If I could have the alarm , heater and radio etc seperated from the ignition I would have no problem handing keys in.

del949 what u driving■■?..Is it that new renault ■■■■■■■■■■ Dumb ■■■■ design!!!