hand brake

hi guys just thought i would put up my first post to this great site i am thinking about getting into the trucking world.iam up in aberdeen does anyone know the price for the training up here or know which training school is the best to go with cheers. :smiley:

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome jessiejames :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

thanks rog had a look very good info there

jessiejames:
thanks rog had a look very good info there

Did you read THIS :question: :question:

And THIS

jessiejames:
Hi guys just thought I would put up my first post to this great site I am thinking about getting into the trucking world. I am up in Aberdeen does anyone know the price for the training up here or know which training school is the best to go with cheers. :smiley:

Superlez is definitely worth getting in contact with. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My advice would be to go for a company that has their own lorries and instructors rather than a training agency.
Ask these questions -
Do you have your own lorries and instructors :question:
How many actual behind-the-wheel hours (not days) does the course consist of :question:
IF I fail, how long til I get a retest :question:
1 to 1 or 2 to 1 :question: :question: - before you decide read THIS

Welcome to Trucknet.
Sorry I cant help with any ideas about training in Aberdeen as its well out of my area but I am sure others will.
Let us know how you get on and dont be afraid to ask any questions on here that you may be worrying about.
Good Luck

thanks guy for your comments im going to get my medical booked next week and get on the phone today again thanks for the tips

jessiejames:
thanks guy for your comments im going to get my medical booked next week and get on the phone today again thanks for the tips

Did you phone all the companies as per my PM?

If so, how did you get on?

Just a wee bit early yet to jump into anything - still your medical and theory to go through - but keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

As far as training up here goes, it’s all 2 to 1. Helps keep the price - which is very reasonable - down!

Retests? Within a short period of time - no problem! - as long as you wait the legally required 3 days.

May be able to help more with local matters. As far as training help goes, our trusty Trucknet gold watch wearing advisers ROG and Mothertrucker who have been joined recently by SmartMart and 26Years will be on hand with any of your queries.

Like I say, let us know how you get on!

ROG:

jessiejames:
Hi guys just thought I would put up my first post to this great site I am thinking about getting into the trucking world. I am up in Aberdeen does anyone know the price for the training up here or know which training school is the best to go with cheers. :smiley:

Superlez is definitely worth getting in contact with. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My advice would be to go for a company that has their own lorries and instructors rather than a training agency.
Ask these questions -
Do you have your own lorries and instructors :question:
How many actual behind-the-wheel hours (not days) does the course consist of :question:
IF I fail, how long til I get a retest :question:
1 to 1 or 2 to 1 :question: :question: - before you decide read THIS

Some answers to your question based on my local knowledge -
All 3(!) companies in Aberdeen are basically one man operators with their own lorries. Don’t use agencies.

Can only answer Q2 based on my own experience - but I got 16 hours of driving before my test. A mix of test routes - and some difficult back roads. Guess you call that LEARNING TO DRIVE :exclamation: :exclamation:

Retests no problem - basically just have to wait the necessary 3 working days.

Things are different up here - everything looks so much more professional and businesslike down South. Test centre is only part time - one regular (senior) examiner and another 4 local (mainly car) testers who assist on occasion when things do hot up - the likes of the local fire brigade, car and trailer (local council guilty of most of these), etc etc.

Companies themselves are one man bands who all use second hand trucks - but this shouldn’t be used to judge them. Pass rate is above national average - and when you consider the waiting lists they have due to a shortage of trainers, this IMO is quite a feat!