Hammer Attack

This happened yesterday to one of our driver’s.As he was heading westbound on the M8 on the Kingston bridge ( Glasgow).He was in the outside lane leaving plenty of room from the car in front of him.Suddenly this car dives in front of him from the inside lane and slam’s his brake’s and come’s to a sudden stop.This forced our driver to test his brakes very quickly :open_mouth:.He managed to stop,but as you know with artic’s if the brakes are put on quickly and with some force the cab tilt’s forward,well this forward movement forced the cab to come in slight contact with this idiot’s car and it left a very small touch of yellow paint,with no dent’s. :open_mouth: All of a sudden the car driver jump’s out of his car with a claw hammer in his hand and started to batter the windscreen with his hammer,to his annoyance the windscreen didn’t smash so he tried the passenger window and still this would not smash.This was annoying him even more so he decided to take it out on the headlight’s,this got a result for him.Once it smashed for him he got in his car and speed off at high speed.Our driver was already on the phone to office and they got the police to him straight away.He spent 1.5 hrs in Helen street police station giving a statement and then he had to go to volvo at Cardonald and spent a further 3 hours to get the headlight fixed.So hopefully the idiot has been arrested by now,unless it was a false registration plate on his car.If not then he will be charged by now.Road rage,damage to said vehicle and anything else the police want to charge him with. :wink:

In First and carry on driving taking car with me, why did he ring the office first and not the police ?

Dafman:
In First and carry on driving taking car with me, why did he ring the office first and not the police ?

Thats exactly what i’d of done

simon

Dafman:

Coz he thought as our cab phones are only fixed for calling office,he did not know that he can call 999 from them. :wink:

SimonRS2K:

Dafman:

simon

I’ll bet you’s wouldn’t :wink:

The first thing I would’ve done with the phone is started click-click-clicking away with the old camera!

ALL drivers should have a camera-phone!

kitkat:

SimonRS2K:

Dafman:

simon

Why not■■?
If someones trying to attack me with a hammer i’m not going to hang about, so if their car is in the way unlucky i’ll take it with me :slight_smile:

simon

I would after all i thought i was being hijacked and if he was in between me and car tough.

SimonRS2K:

kitkat:

SimonRS2K:

Dafman:

simon

Why not■■?
If someones trying to attack me with a hammer i’m not going to hang about, so if their car is in the way unlucky i’ll take it with me :slight_smile:

simon

I did, but next time I’ll make sure the idiot is hit properly as I had more hassle from being accused of making it up, than I did for admitting to driving at someone & hitting them.

kitkat:
: All of a sudden the car driver jump’s out of his car with a claw hammer in his hand and started to batter the windscreen with his hammer,to his annoyance the windscreen didn’t smash so he tried the passenger window and still this would not smash.This was annoying him even more so he decided to take it out on the headlight’s,

If he didn’t have the strength to smash a windscreen or side window with a hammer in his hand that would have my cue to jump out of the cab and ram the hammer up the little pipsqueaks arse :laughing:

As for running him over & shunting his car out of the way, My understanding of the law is that if you genuinely believe that you are being hijacked by an armed assailant then you can do this in self defence.

As in - when the police shot & killed a man with a chair leg because they believed he was armed with a shotgun

or

When Kenny noy (sp?) stabbed and killed a copper on his property because he believed the copper was an assassin

SimonRS2K:

Dafman:

simon

Me too. 2nd gear, handbrake off, clutch up. SORTED. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Work it out. Artic verses car? Unless the car is the lovechild of a challenger tank and a V8 Hummer, then it dont stand a chance.

north surrey haulage:
As for running him over & shunting his car out of the way, My understanding of the law is that if you genuinely believe that you are being hijacked by an armed assailant then you can do this in self defence.

As in - when the police shot & killed a man with a chair leg because they believed he was armed with a shotgun
or

When Kenny noy (sp?) stabbed and killed a copper on his property because he believed the copper was an assassin

True but make sure you deal properly with the zb or you get accused of wasting police time if they do a runner.
Also make sure you can defend the distance you need to travel before calling the police, do not stop a few hundred yards down the road, call on the move & drive until you yourself in a populated place i.e a village, town or fuel station etc.
Stopping when clear of the incident is seen as not being sufficiently afraid for your own safety, also do not be too precise over locations, again this is seen as not being afraid, it’s seen as logical & clear thinking & this goes against you.
In a situation like this it seems we need to be as imprecise & as unhelpful as possible to convince the police of our genuine concern for our safety at the time of the attack.

thats the jocks for you always getting excited over nothing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would have dialled 999 then while on the phone rammed the car (right down the road and into the ditch, then reversed into it, then taken the tri axle over the bonnet etc), by dialling 999 first I would have been in contact with the police and shown that I had done everything I could to avoid having to very regretably act in self defense against an armed attacker.